New Farm Fisheries, Berkshire

FishingMagic

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Location of New Farm Fisheries

bigcol

Reaction score
Fished this a few times with little success on a day ticket. From what I gather there are some bigguns in there but you have to wait and wait.

m25j13

Reaction score
I've fished this place on and off since its first day. It certainly started well, with a good number of fish coming out of the carp lake, and to a good size (c28lbs). Then the silvers lake was decimated by cormorants, and the carp lake went downhill. I don't know the reason, but nowadays its not a case that the fish have wised up - I just don't think there's much left in there.

Apparently the silvers lake has now been stocked with catfish, so if they up the game with the carp lake, the place could be a nice little venue to go to once again.

tomthumb

Reaction score
I fish this venue and have had a lot of enjoyment the carp lake is well stocked with fish to 30lb the catfish lake has recently done it,s first 40lb fish there are also some good carp in the catfish lake there is also a match lake that is being stocked and landscaped at the moment and should be open soon. there are new toilets onsite and the owners also do an all day breakfast which they will bring to your swim. night fishing is allowed they also have an onsite bailiff. all in all this is a great venue that is safe and secure and clean that has matured well and can give some good sport. Give it a try you won't be dissapointed.

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Yes there are few of these mini fisheries popping up within a mile or two of me.

After the original Pondwood came Finch Farm (opposite this one) and also this one.

We also have Felix Farm trout (and now carp) fishery. All within 3 miles of home.

A few miles further on is Royal Berkshire Fisheries.

Spolit for choice if you like this sort of thing.