Pondwood Fisheries, Berkshire

FishingMagic

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fishing at Pondwood Fisheries.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Only fished the snake river at the back - virtually empty during the week - most seem to fish the lakes. The snake hold some fair tincas (7-8lb) and carp (20's) and the surface fishing for carp can be electric on this narrow stretch. Toilets on site but bring your own bog roll or bog in a bag. Toilet rolls are not freely available and are sold in the adjacent cafeteria. Also the top fish weights given on their site seem generous.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Not been here for the last 8 years or so and the fishery and access has been much improved by the looks of things. My scores are based on then so careful how you visualise them.

We used to fish the top lake from the little island. Tackle was a carp controller float with a banded dog biscuit or (I think they were) Gardners Floating carp pellets, Sonu's Oily Hookers would do the job now. Cast in to the spot you wanted to fish then catapult some ordinary dog biscuits up in the air so they'd come down hard on the water, it was like a dinner gong going off.

My daughter and son in law (to be, then) came with me one day and she caught 12 or so of the mad carp. It was good fun and as previous poster says, exciting to watch them take your floater.

Had a few cats in it, but they were just kittens then as I had a couple once on the pole. All this may well have changed in the intervening years, but well worth exploring again.

Best value used to be fishing it before end of the close season on a half day ticket after 2:00 until dark. Don't know if they still do that.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: