Weaknesses?

Malc Bason

Reaction score
On FM we see anglers from all different backgrounds, levels of experience, and lets face it, different degrees of competence.

One uniting aspect between us all is what we have in common, and that is our love of fishing for our chosen quarry - whatever that might be.

We strive to be better anglers, and I'm no exception. But I have my weaknesses. One being my sometimes slow reaction to what the water in front of me is saying.

Watercraft covers many things: observation being one, bearing in mind certain factors such as wind direction, barometric pressure, undercurrents, etc, etc. I set out with the best intentions, but once at the lake I sometimes fail to see what is obviously happening in front of me.

So, I'm not sure if it has been done on here before, but I'll ask the question anyhow..............

With regards to fishing - what are your weaknesses?

J.B

Reaction score
I am the same as you malc somtimes I dont spot things I proberly should.

B

Big Rik

I think we're all guilty of that.
I know I am.

When I go, if I'm relaxed (mentally) then it's difficult to get the brain in gear to read signs etc.

C

Chris Bishop

Being a lazy bar steward. I often fish quite hard all morning, move the boat every hour or so, keep trying different things.

Sooner or later I find somewhere comfy to plot up, out comes the food and the beer and next thing I know it's time to wrap up.

Malc Bason

Reaction score
Actually the more I think about it, the more weaknesses I have! oooer! Wish I had'nt started this now. lol

M

Mark Hodson

I have real trouble getting out of bed, especially at 03:30 in the morning to be at the bankside for dawn in the summer. Usually I can't drag myself out of my pit until breakfast and as a result half the time I get there just as the suns getting high in the sky and the fish are going off the feed. The one thing I kept from my teenage years, the inabillty to get out of bed and the ability to sleep all day even if i'm not tired.

P

Paul Clarke

i always take too much tackle , trying to cover every aspect of fishing , instead of concentrating on one style/species . I'll start on the float for tench but if i see some carp moving , i'll start putting together a carp outfit and then i see a shoal of bream on the move i set up a feeder outfit and then i put on some light float gear and end up float fishing for anything that swims . My swim always looks like a bombs hit it !!! I keep trying to get myself to get back to my 'keep it basic' style but its difficult :-(

J

Jeff (AKA Cheeky Monkey, Spud, Jay Dubya, Woody .

Mine is gawping at women that walk past on the footpath. The bromide wore off years ago and I suppose the brain's trying to catch up. Regrettably, the body never will.

B

Bob Watson

Getting there, I need a kick up r sole to get me motivated/out of bed.

P

Paul Deans

Waiting untill its too dark to tackle down before I pack my gear up, forgetting my torch, then stuffing the whole lot into the car, and spending an extra hour sorting the bleedin tangles etc out the next day.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

Picking the wrong spot to fish in and not being bothered to move. Fish all day or evening, realise my mistake, come back the next day and do the same thing all over again.

captain carrott

Reaction score
falling in breaking rods and not catching fish all done too o0ften to be coincidence.

Andrew Turton

Reaction score
Mine is planning How I am going to fish all week and then getting there and spending the rest of the day umming and aaring over how I should have fished it after all.

Beecy

Reaction score
Poleitis - though I am trying to cure myself this season by leaving it at home as much as possible

Laziness - will struggle on with an unsuitable float if conditions worsen because I cant be arsed to change it.