Views on Daiwa Emcast ADVANCED

carp_mad_man

Reaction score
What great fishing whether it's been!
well it has in Sussex, anyway, i am planning on buying a pair of daiwa emcast advanced reels -not the evo's!!- i heard that the line clip is pretty bad, any solutions to this, other than get different reels because im fixed that i want to get them. As well as this, could anyone just give me any pros and cons to the reels and/0r a photo of the line clip.
thanks to any help or comments given,
signed off, the Carp Mad Man

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
I have an Emcast Plus, don't remember if they're similar, but the line clip on mine is diabolical for spodding, specially with braid. It will cut through it really easy and the only thing I've heard to help with this is to put a piece of pole elastic under the clip first. TBH, I've not used it that much since for spodding, it's mostly used on a pike rod now with 15lbs mono.

richiekelly

Reaction score
i had 3 emcast reels [not the advanced] the line clip was rubbish cutting line like a razor blade,the hollow bail arms on 2 out of the 3 also cracked,not impressed with them at all.

carp_mad_man

Reaction score
ok, so if i were to change to other reels of that size type ect. what would be another alternative with the budget of £70 each, still up for original answers from my other question.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Well I have a pair of the 4500 emcast advanced, and have had no problems with the line clip what so ever, the otherposts above are not the advanced reels, just stanard emcasts.

I have a pair of Emcast 5000's (standard emcast) for marker float and spodding work, to get over the line clip problem, I filed the edge's round, that sorted it.

Good workhorse reels and dont cost a fortune like others that may let you down.