fair fares to france

macozdog

Reaction score
all you carp boys fishing france must have found a reasonable company or two.just come back from lacduval. superb. wanted to go back sept. but at ?1069 for the wife and i it,s getting a bit steep even though it,s the best weeks fishing with the nicest owners i,ve come across. so any names,hints orhelp gratefully accepted.i know all about the brittania ferry monoply, went on the chunnel but 870 mile drives are a bit much

Malc Bason

Reaction score
Ferry to Caen, then less than an hour! Book through Angling Lines, they quote ?236 per person.

macozdog

Reaction score
i did !admittedly it was chalet for two,ferry and cabin but still,a grand plus

B

Bill Cox

Try and find a port where both P&O and Brittany ferries operate and you will find the competition brings down the price. I live in Plymouth which has Brittony ferries operating out of it and found that it was cheaper to drive to poole catch an afternoon ferry and stay in B&B in france before travelling on in the morning then it was to catch the overnight ferry from Plymouth.

C

Cakey

we had the cheapest fare ever three weeks ago ?27 speedferries
still only ?60 normally but still give you a long drive
my favourite is the cruise to bilbao (36 hrs)and drive back into france which was 90 miles to lac de leon...........superb

Malc Bason

Reaction score
So, how much extra was it for the chalet? And for the on-board cabin? Where did you travel from and to? Where are you in Britain?

It all makes a difference really mate?