Canoeists

B

Bill Cox

I know this has been discussed before on FM but did anyone hear the phone in on Wed 3rd May? I was surprised by the anti angling feeling expressed by the majority of callers.

C

Cakey

they dropped all fishing from tv and radio............says it all in my opinion

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Not saying you got it wrong, just how you know, evidence kind of helps back up the statement you made!

B

Bill Cox

To be fair Jeremy Vine did try to have a balanced debate some guy from the NCA and Martin salter to represent the anglers. What struck me was the complete refusal of this bloke to concider any sort of compromise, as far as he was concerned they should be able to go where they liked and if it upset anglers then so be it. Also i was slightly taken aback by several calls from non anglers who also did'nt canoe but felt the need to ring in and slate anglers as sad anoracks and litter louts.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
The problem is thats how we are percieved buy the majority of non angling public. When i talk to people nd ask if they would like to have a go. The usual reply is i am not sitting at the side of a dirty pond like abloody knome. Thats were we are usually seen in the built up areas and commercials. They never see us in the unspoilt wilds of a secluded lake or riverbank.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

Our clubs have spent a lot of money out over the years securing stretches of river. If the canoeing clubs want to share them, then they must give our clubs the current market value of the stretch of river that we ave paid for.

Instead they want it for nothing based on some trumped up ancient Magna Carta ruling.
NO Way!!

B

Bill Cox

according to Martin Salter they are trying to say the right to roam bill gives them carte blanche to go where they like. They were also adament that there shouldn't need to be any form of licensing or regulation. They didn't need to pay anything towards the rivers because ramblers don't pay anything towards the upkeep of the countryside so why should they. When the word compromise was mentioned the bloke from the National canoeing association nearly choked. These people pose a serious threat to us make no mistake.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

Make no mistake Bill, there are equaly if not more clever people than these opposing their every move.