Opposite to Malc

C

Cakey

Malc asked what are your weaknesses were, id like to know what do you think your strengths are ?

P

Paul Clarke

Not sure if its a strength as such but i take pleasure just from being out on the bank. Catching fish can become almost secondary to being there. I can ( and it seems to have become more common lately ) get just as much enjoyment from a blank as from a red-letter day.....whatever one of those is !!!

Malc Bason

Reaction score
Don't think I would like to claim I have any strengths, I am the oposite - I would rather look at my failings and how I can improve as an angler, hence the reason for my thread.

T

The Monk

I`ve always felt my main strength in angling has been based around obsessions and single mindedness, its also been a weakness in my working, social and personal life and has cost me dearly in all three. Angling for me should be about pleasure and keeping everything elase in perspective, my angling ossessions have cost me relationships, marraiges and jobs in my younger days

but hell, its been good fun

L

Lee Fletcher 1

Dear Monk,

My strength lies in the fact I'm extremely good looking. My weakness lies in another fact that I spend all my time whilst fishing looking at my reflection in the water so get very little fishing done.

Regards,

Lee.

M

Mark Hodson

My one true strength is that after fishing all my memorable life I have finally seen enlightenment and learnt to ignore the moaners and wingers, gave up ambition based angling and discovered that to be a truely succesful angler you just need to enjoy every aspect of it, if you can smile even when your soaked through, just blanked or lost the fish of a life time, then you've come as close as you'll ever get to fishing perfection.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Mark, you have got it spot on!
The same attitude could be applied to life I guess?

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
My strength has been the fairly recent realisation that every session teaches you something, even blanks. Actually blanks are essential, because without a little hardship, you can't enjoy the successes.

That's why I will never again fish an overstocked commercial fishery.

T

The Monk

Dear Monk,

My strength lies in the fact I'm extremely good looking. My weakness lies in another fact that I spend all my time whilst fishing looking at my reflection in the water so get very little fishing done.

Regards,

Lee.

haha, nice one Lee, and heres me thinking I was the only one with that problem

C

Cakey

I thought that some of your strengths could be tackle,lakes you fish etc

C

Cakey

blimey ........out of 25,000 members less than ten have strengths

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Technically: analysing what needs to be done.

Other than that: realising that fishing is like sex - there is more to it than those few moments of orgasm; you have to enjoy getting there as well.

J

Jeff (AKA Cheeky Monkey, Spud, Jay Dubya, Woody .

"you have to enjoy getting there as well."

Does that mean I have to get a SatNav for that now like you?

C

Cakey

must be nearly 25,000 my mate malc is no 23749 and ive been chatting to him for years !

captain carrott

Reaction score
cos jeff was on here when i started and his numbers bigger than mine, bet he wishes other things were as well.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

My greatest strength is knowing that I am a genius, just like Graham.

I can fish every different style and discipline of angling from stick float to jig fishing for large mouth bass, and from fly fishing to beach casting. So where ever I am in the world, I can catch some sort of fish.

Not only that, but I am brilliant in all these methods and styles of fishing.

And I often feel sorry for the rest of you.

Still not everyone can be Ron Clays or Graham Marsdens can they..... :eek:)

S

Sean Meeghan

40 years experience fishing for just about everything. It gives you the confidence to ring the changes and try something else when you need to. I don't think I get fazed by bad weather and difficult fishing because of this.