Need a new pole

Joskin

Reaction score
After busting my Milo pole in a temper trhe other day I am now in the market for a new one.
I should be able to get a good un for under ?500 but most tackle shops dont have the room to put one together. So can anyone recomend a good stiff pole rated to a minimum 18 elastic and at least 13m in length.
Ive looked at mates Map f16s etc and dont realy like the map poles.
Does anyone have any experience of the Drennan polemaster power carp 14.5? looks a reasonable price at ?300 and plenty of tops.

Tom (Bream Machine)

Reaction score
Suggest....control your temper! not good for any pole
Try an old pole such as the Browning Black Magic....awesome strength , rated up to 20 + elastics

Joskin

Reaction score
I had a Black magic a couple of years ago. Not to impressed with it so I sold it to get the milo one. I was real pleased with the milo but spares are realy hard to get and blody expensive.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Joskin,

Which Milo pole did you end up "adjusting"? If it was an Odissea then let me know as I managed to "adjust" my number 6 section some time ago. Actually it was a blind and daft dog walker and not me.

The Drennan Polemaster's are generally very good poles, stiff but not as light as soe, but then I don't mind that myself. Elastic ratings are accurate and they do sell an awful lot of them - so they can't be 'that' bad.

I still have my black magic and still give it an airing from time to time - lovely pole for its' time.

Joskin

Reaction score
It is a Milo 2060 Milenium 16mtr Peter. I broke sections 4 and 5. I will keep an eye on ebay etc and see if I can pic some spares up some time but will have to get a new one any way.