Yorkshire Anglers

Richard Wilson 3

Reaction score
Just been reading ceefax and there is a page on local news from the Enviro Agency saying that over the last bank holiday, a blitz on licence checks revealed Yorkshire anglers to be more honest than any other area.What do others think?

P

Paul Deans

Easy!?they all too scared of Baz not to buy a licence in Yorkshire, wouldent you be Richard? :)

J

john ledger

We are just a better kind of person and to be honest BETTER ANGLERS

B

BLAM

Is this the same thing? http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/news/1376106? It doesn't mention specific counties but does state that the rate of evasion dropped country wide from 7% to 6%.

I thought the bit stating "Our officers directed maximum effort to rivers and lakes where we believed cheats would be present" was interesting. They're still checking rivers during the off season, then.

P

Paul Deans

No one told me that Baz lived in Cheshire! If I had known that, I would not have bothered to get a licence?I demand a refund!

Beecy

Reaction score
John ledger has it spot on.

Its difficult to believe he is a unitedite when he is capable of such words of wisdom.

Richard Wilson 3

Reaction score
I thought Baz patroled Duram area? I heard that they targeted the commercials just outside Skegness and had some success there.Did people take Kieth Arthur serious and never renewed thier licence in protest?

J

john ledger

Baz was quarried in Yorkshire before being deposited in Cheshire
We are not only better anglers but BETTER LOOKING ANGLERS

C

Chris Bishop

They target commercials around here because you get more fair weather, casual anglers fishing them. I've seen one EA bailiff in nine seasons fishing the Fens and walked straight past without noticing me.

L

Les Clark

I was in our local post office a couple of days ago and the bloke in front of me was buying a licence for his son ,he stated that he and his son had been on a day ticket water ,his son was the only one fishing and they had a E.A. bailiff check their licence`s ,the bailiff told the father that he should have a licence becouse he was on a fishing lake .
The father had in fact brought a day ticket for himself ,just to be with his son and told the EA bailiff to go forth ect .
I don`t know if the bloke was telling the truth or not but if he was ,I would say that the EA guy was well out of order .

David Craine

Reaction score
In all the years I have been fishing, only one time have I ever been asked for my EA licence, and that was last year, on a Reservoir in Lancashire..Why dont Lankies trust Yorkshire folk ?
In fact, apart from that one instance I have never ever been asked for any form of licence anywhere,since 1962.
It may be the fact that I am a Yorkshireman, and as such can be trusted implicitly to have all forms of current documentation with me at all times.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
David it goes back to the War of the Roses. Glad to say these days its just done as a laugth. Saying that over here in Blackburn there are people that will not step foot in Burnley due to the rivarly in the old days between the football teams. These things never realy die just get passed from one generation to another.

David Craine

Reaction score
Bryan.. got to agree..I must say that some of the nicest people I know fly the "Red Rose"..including relations in Bolton..plus, I do most of my Barbel fishing in Lancashire, its closer than the Yorkshire rivers, and on average gives better results.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

Whoa!!
The Red Rose belongs to Lancashire not that thieving lot from Yorkshire. If I had my way I'd bulldoze the lot of you off the face of the earth.

David Craine

Reaction score
Baz.. I dont think you understood ...I was acknowledging that the red rose comes from Lancashire..obviously you have some problem with us Yorkies..I dont know why.. if you read the EA reports on a recent survey of the numbers of "honest" anglers around..IE those who do have EA licences, you would see that Yorkshire is THE most honest area, with the least numbers of persons prosecuted for Licence offences.

T

The Monk

Yorkshire is THE most honest area???? haha

one of my ex wives was from Yorkshire, I certainly wouldnt describe her as being honest, so itsa certainly not a genetic thing

seriously, It would be interesting to see how they did there research, Yorkshire is Englands largest county, it would be interesting to see a statistical colleration between Yorkshire and say Rutland (does it still exist by the way?), not that I would suggest Yorkshiremen are dishonest of course, although they certainly have great difficulty cooking chips!

Deanos

Reaction score
Before Monk gives you a distorted view of Yorkshire women folk and there inability to make chips, may I inform you that I once watched the Castleford women?s tug of war team in action, and I am led to believe that the staple diet of John Smiths Bitter plus gargantuan helpings of pie and chips were responsible for there success in competition circles. I also went out with a very fat lass from York who made great chips, but unfortunately ate them all herself, I rest my case.