Cheap Bait

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Went to Tesco's today for some sweetcorn, I use tesco's own.

It's down in price to 32 pence a tin.

If your into spod mixes etc etc, and like to use Tuna in your mix, then thats very cheap also.

I get plenty of bits for my mixes from Tesco, have a good look around, so much cheap bait.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
My local Tesco is excellent as well-lots of tempting bits to try as bait-and usually a good range of meats at reasonable prices although Morrisons offer the Princes brand instead of the Tulip brand which IMHO is a superior product for stillwater with a good strong smell.However i do use Tulip for running water as it is a little harder and seems to stay on the hair better....but this is only my opinion!

Yes,definitely worth spending an hour in a big Tesco..........................(not Asda though .......................not too much to offer??)

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
However i do use Tulip for running water as it is a little harder and seems to stay on the hair better....but this is only my opinion!
No it isn't "only" your opinion. It's mine too. :) ;) But where can you get Tulip Brand these days, someone said Asda's Own was Tulip. :confused:

---------- Post added at 11:24 ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 ----------

Hmmm, damned silly question. And on special offer.

---------- Post added at 11:30 ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 ----------

Now here's something interesting , if true, "Spam for the UK market is produced in Denmark by Tulip under license from Hormel"

the indifferent crucian

Reaction score
You're right Geoff.

In fact it's so good that a can of it was given away as second prize on another site's Perch Fishing competition.

First prize was a set of Perch Bobber floats by Paul Cook.

I think I spotted that Tulip own Spam, but I believe their own product is founfd in Lidl shops????

edit: No I got that wrong. It's Hormel who own Spam.

Last edited: