gunge in a baitbox

Rik Smith

Reaction score
Right it's gone midnight so i'm tired . But has anyone ever tried to get a bucket of worm's / snails/and slugs all together and stick'em through the blender!! and use the resulting sludge as a grounbait while fishing worm over it. I cant do it no-more on account of the missus throwing out the blender(i'm sure i washed it out) Just wondered if it would work. What do you reckon i mean its all free bait full of meat. I'm gonna get hold of an old blender and try it.and use a glove to chuck it in the swim ,sounds like the ideal bait , for something.dunno what.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

sounds and probably looks and tastes just like a chicken vindaloo .....

Tom (Bream Machine)

Reaction score
Get a similar effect liquidising a pint of maggot and casters.....good in lakes especially when it's hard going in clear water. Easy to cup in on the pole, or similarly pour some of the aformentioned into a feeder plugged with just a little grounbait. No other offerings there....just your yummy hookbait, MMMmmmmmmmmmm ! :eek:)

P

Paul Deans

I think the cocktail of ingredients you are referring to Rick were known in the early sixties as school dinners!

Rik Smith

Reaction score
AHA the old tapioca !! or better known as frogspawn.
well i'm saving up my next 2 weeks supply of the slugs worm and snails pulverising the little sods ,mix with a little brown crumb to bind.And hopefully end up with about 3-5kilos of gunge A LA rik 1/2 k of bloodworm pellet 1/4 pint of live red maggot cos they aint gonna move once they're stuck in that lot a sprinkling of halibut pellet ,and a pkt of braseem a touch of molasses just to give it some class and make it smell better.Then ball up tangerine size cos thats gonna take ages to break right down .Then hopefully bag up !! on bream/tench. Possibly sewer rat as well.
So you have the recipe for the newest net busting groundbait that costs next to nothing! You'll read all about it in the times this momentous moment in the history of loony angling!