I've won a rod!!!!

S

Shrek

Well, wrote a review and won a rod for it. Very chuffed as I never win anything normally.

My only question is, does anyone know what line rating the rod is? As it's got 3 tips, does that make it a #5/6/7 or a #6/7/8? Then again, considering the length of it, 12ft, does that make it a double hander and can I go salmon fishing with it?

:))

Fred Blake

Reaction score
Sounds like a feeder rod to me. Could be tricky casting a fly with one of those...

J

Jeff (AKA Cheeky Monkey, Spud, Jay Dubya, Woody .

"What do I feed with it then?" or do you mean "What do I feed it with then?"
A subtle but important change!

Must be a feeder rod Adrian. What legend does it have on it?

S

Shrek

It has a picture of Richard Walker on it, apparently he's a "legend" according to some of our gathering who are of a sath efriken persuasion........!!!!

Actually Jeff, either question answered would be useful. Can I feed myself with it?

S

Shrek

I'd love to come to Clattercote but I don't think there are any pegs left, and I'm not sure I can make the date anyway.

Saying that, it's not too far from me so I might wander down in the afternoon and see how things are going.

R

Richard[reformed fly angler]Huggett

Well done Adrian...I'd heard that nowadays you don't even win an argument, so it must be a particularly special win for you.

Ian Alexander

Reaction score
Great stuff, well done.
Any rod for nothing is a bonus.

**** walker pictured on it? He was a real innovator. But I doubt he had anything to do with your rod mate.

I've got two designed by Walker- an Avon and a MKIV carp rod. I also have a Heron bite alarm designed by him way back.
He also designed the ''arlesey lead'' amongst other stuff.

Didn't he get Clarissa on a par boiled potato?

R

Richard[reformed fly angler]Huggett

Clarissa was captured on a large piece of balanced crust/paste....trust me, I'm a sweeper driver. :)