Clever Marketing!!

Andy S

Reaction score
Maybe it's just me being funny but doesn't it make you laugh\annoyed when you see items of tackle that are so blatantly marketed at catching the angler and not the fish.

The best example i can think of this has to be the new 'Indulgence' range of baits... I mean come on. I can just picture some Fatcat somewhere laughing to his managers saying how they'll create a boilie range and make them look like chocolates and all those idiot anglers out their will rush out and buy them.

What next? They'll be serving them up in milk tray style boxes with maybe different flavours and an inlay card to help you decide which one to use. Ooooh i'll go for the 'Strawberrys and Cream with a light dusting of Betaine' gorgeous!!

Reaction score
I saw the 'Indulgence' range in my local shop today. Ha ha! Catch me if you can so-called marketing man!

Instead got some realtree covers for my bite alarms (apparently I spook wary fashion-conscious carp with my current retro matt black stylings).

Talk about value for money! For only 10 quid extra I got me a camouflaged bucket!

;-)

E

EC

Ha, ****y, camo buckets me ar*e, there's one born every minute these babies are where its at now, and for only 2 quid more than what you paid, they blend in everywhere, summer and winter although I got the deluxe versions with 'CARP' on the front for a further 3 quid.

Tom (Bream Machine)

Reaction score
i liked the latest pole shotting tube from Shimano, a mere snip at ?16 from a Tackle Tarts wallet. I'll just stick to me Galaxy choccies tube that does the same thing....Oooer, perhaps i wont catch so many fish! And musn't knock the latest "camo" rods being advertised, i do hope it's NATO standard cam especially for fishing at 100m plus for those wily sharp eyed fish that are able to recognise a normal plain rod blank! titter titter!

P

Paul Deans

Your dead right Andy,
I?ve eaten loads of boilies in me time, none of em taste like they smell, the worst of all are the high viz pineapple ones, smell flipping marvellous, but taste crap!
There has to be a place in the market for say Cadbury to make some whole nut boilies that hungry carpers can actually eat! By way of protest, I will not eat any more of these baits, in fact from now on, the fish can have them!
Ps. Thanks for the tip!..I will give milk tray a go next time out on a session.

P

Paul Clarke

Paul , how about a snowman rig using a Revel popped up with a malteser ?

P

Paul Deans

Darn good suggestion Paul!...should I dip it in Trigga Ice?...to be honest this trigga stuff smells a bit like thai curry sauce, might give it a go with some of those "spicy chicken boilies" and some rice at the weekend!

P

Paul Clarke

Not Trigga ice mate...you should try the new Fox 'chocolate fondue boilie dip' kit . fits to a standard gas bottle and allows you to produce good 'glugging' chocolate dip the bank !!! They also do a 'cheese fondue' version for chub :)

Andy S

Reaction score
Ha ha! Word of warning, don't use the coffee flavoured revels carp hate them.