How not to handle carp

• Thread starter Gray( Bushy )Lucas
  • Start date
P

Paul Clarke

Hi Gray , i'm guessing Canada as a location. Can't believe how its being 'held' .

J.B

Reaction score
Disturding is not the word does the guy think its a Pike or what!

G

Ged

Young lad has been fishing for salmon and caught a carp. I wonder if he handles all fish the same?

L

Lee Swords (The new and improved)Satans little he

It aint going back in thats for sure!

B

Budgie Burgess

If the fish had been caught in the UK or maybe if the angler was British I would have shared your horror.But its no to either so Im not going to push our values on to some one else in their own country where this is acepted as normal.

F

Frothey

spot on.....

its like the bow fishing thing....different culture....

G

Gary Knowles

looks like Canada....there are millions of the things over there destroying the eco system..

It's no different than a mackeral caught in Cornwall and dropped in a fish crate..

Benny The Bream

Reaction score
Didnt carp in england used to be hanled like that think i remember a story of carp being weighed by putting the hook of a springbalance behind the gill plate and a record fish's gill plate ripped through under the weight an this was when weigh slings started to be developed?

Michal Felcyn

Reaction score
Guys! Slow down a bit, if carp is considered a pest in Canada or like it is in Australia and right after the catch it is slaughtered then where is the problem. Obviously young lad should not hold a fish like that if the one was to be released. Exactly like Budgie says, do not push British values everywhere and everytime. Listen , I an from Poland and believie me, all of my attitude against the nature was learned in your country and I will always cherish that. here back in Poland I DO SHARE the horror of that mistreatment, being the aquaculturist and the angler I always try to convince people not to kill fish but release. What can I do? What is allowed is not forbidden. That is just people mental attitude and environmental consciousness of what is correct what is not. Every country has its own culture and we cannot help. Lucky we do not eat dogs and cats... and coarse fish... You MUST know that carp is a traditional Christmas meal for many nations and most of fish purchased come from regular fish farms and sold by supermarkets and smaller retailers. Carp is killed and nobody cries, like with poultry or anything else farmed. Carp anglers will never treat fish like on the mentioned photo so please do not be horrified with differecies among the nations :). ENGLAND ! Thank you for everything I could learn while being there, thank you for the elegance in fishing and the attitude and different view of what the angling can be in total. Many people and nations should learn from Brits , especially the means of environmental protection. Thank you. Michal

U

unknownforce

aaaaah, we love you too mate.

good luck against ecuador and if you do have em, make sure you smash the germans (regardless of how they might hold fish)!