ESP PVA bags

S

sash

Hi Folks,

I've used these in the bulk, perforated size for a couple of years now and found them superb - cheap, easily opening, strong and totally dissolving in short space of time. But ESP, Drennan or their producers seem to have changed the PVA being used to a much thicker material that is impossible to open and is really poor at dissolving.

Does anyone know if this is a short term glitch or a long term policy? Can anyone suggest a decent alternative?

S

sash

But very expensive for what they are!

Anyone tried Mos Cos PVA?

F

Frothey

melt-ex are gooooood....

use mo's co as well, good stuff. others have said they dont melt properly, never had the problem. maybe they get theirs from the same place as esp!

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

Esp are really quick on melting down. And they work out cheaper than other products. I haven't baught any for tweve months but the refills are very cheap. I'm surprised that nobody else noticed this opening in the stocking trade before now. I think ESP will cash in on the pva gear.

S

sash

Baz,

Talking about solid PVA bags not the stocking mesh.

Spoke to a very helpful bloke at Drennan who confirmed they had changed about a year ago and would look into it and ring me back.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

Sorry mate, I didn't read it properly and garbled my posting, As I'm in a hurry.

S

sash

Just had a phone call from Drennan (Dave Elliot) a mere couple of working hours after speaking to him yesterday afternoon.

He's taken some random samples from their stocks and tested them with no breakdown or opening problems and suggests that the product I bought may have been kept in poor conditions at the shop ie high humidity.

He's mailing me a couple of packets as a replacement / compensation.

Drennan and Dave - Fantastic customer service!! I wish all tackle manufacturers were so efficient and helpful.