Holiday At Tewkesbury

P

Phil Heaton

I'm having a weeks holiday based at Tewkesbury for the coming bank holiday week and would apreciate advice on fishing locations, say within 20/30 mins drive.
I enjoy tench, crucian carp and rudd fishing, paticularly with a float rod but am not really happy on an out and out strip pond type commercial water. I'm not after details of specimen waters by the way, just somewhere to bend my rod a few times will do.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Drummonds is down by Ross on Wye, if you go down the M50 from Tewkesbury to Ross you can see it on the left as you go down the hill before the end of the motorway. If you are interested I could give you directions as its a bit out of the way but it is one of the better lakes in the area.

P

Phil Heaton

Ross on Wye is not too far if the weather is decent and the wife can picnic with me, so yes details would be appreciated. We intended using Tewkesbury as a base anyway and did intend visiting Ross.

S

Shrek

Just had a look on AA Route Planner and Tewkesbury and Evesham are only 13.5 miles apart. I know this doesn't take into account which side of each town you're staying on and getting to, but it's no more than 30 minutes journey time tops from one to the other and it's a pretty route too.

P

Phil Heaton

Thanks to you both for the information, I shall check it out further over the next few days and shall certainly be looking forward to giving them a try.