Isotopes

Fishinggypsy

Reaction score
I have just got my june issue of advansed carp fishing and on the inside of the front page there is a advert for the new osprey kryptonite bobbins.Would anybody have any more information about these items,may be if you have used them or were they can be obtained from if any good.
Cheers,
fishinggypsy.

F

Frothey

brand new out, they automatically turn on when light level drops (and yes, they have a switch to turn them off inbetween sessions!) somewhere around ?20 a bobbin if i remember right?

people have said they are too expensive, but my solar danglers are over ?20 each.....

U

unknownforce

i have the fox illuminated bobbins - brilliant for the money

Alnath

Reaction score
Isotopes are radioactive, erm isotopes that never turn off until they die, they are very different to illuminated bobbins or swingers.

U

unknownforce

i know that alnath - isotopes are a waste of time (except on the landing net)

J

Jeff (AKA Cheeky Monkey, Spud, Jay Dubya, Woody .

I've often wondered about the usefullness of isotopes in bobbins, even though I have some in my Solars.

Unless, you are actually watching every slight twitch of the bobbins, by the time the alarm goes off the LED will tell you which rod it is and if it's screaming like a pig, how hard the fish is running.

U

unknownforce

couldnt agree more jeff. i used to have three is my swingers, but sold them off when i got the bobbins.

the reason i like the bobbins is it helps me not to pick up the wrong rod when im stumbling about!

captain carrott

Reaction score
they do help you avoid standing on the bobbin though when you can't see it in the dark without one.