Shelter advice..........

E

EC

My old mate wants a shelter for the occasional overnighter, if possible for ?60ish!

I've put him off getting an argos special (?30) for the time being, any better suggestions?

P

paul williams 2

compared to what to what we had to put up with in the 70's he will be spoilt for choice........take a look on ebay, some bargains to be had........but for the "occasional" overnighter, presumably in warmer weather, ?30 could be enough for 2!

E

EC

Gimme a suggestion or a link Paul. Nail yer shelter to the mast!

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Jrc Roamer Dome or if 60 in Brolly theres plenty for around ?60. will depend on pegs fishing etc but i have the Jrc and jim as just spent 5 weeks in spain with it.

P

paul williams 2

Eddie.....last time i tried to anything like give a link i shut FM down!

My own personal thing would be something thats easy to put up....eg brolly with wings type or if he wants something more tent like then why not a shaky dome? or if you have seen those pop up types that retail at ?50 in argos....you could get them at ?20ish on ebay....faulty door zips apparently, but does that matter?

William Foxall

Reaction score
got a dwiawa over-niter stayed over nite in the cold spell, did the job, worth a lookies

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

I can get him one of those JRC brollies with sides for thirty rips off one of the lads, I nearly had it myself. The type you can buy the fronts for.
Ideal for summer overnighters Eddy.

chalky

Reaction score
hi , dont go for the quick build one from argos its too small for a bed chair my friend got one and wished he hadent...colin

S

Stuart Harvey

The Daiwa Mission looks good but what happens if it lashes down in the middle of the night. I had an Oval brolly once and on one particular night the wind changed and rain came down and I got totally soaked.

I would get one with a door if I was you. You can get a JRC Stealth on eBay with Infill panel for about 80-90 quid.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

I have just got a Kevin Nash Groundhog shelter for ?80 (second hand)
This is very similar to what Stuart is saying, in that basically it is an umberella with sides and has a zip on door if I need it. 4 hours after buying it, I have been offered ?100 for it.
Has anybody had any expierience with one of these? or do you kow of any good/bad points with them?

P

Paul Clarke

Stuart , the Daiwa Mission overnighter has an overwrap option - in general , the overnighter costs ?49:99 and the overwrap is ?39:99. According to the blurb , using the overwrap turns it into a mini-bivvy

U

unknownforce

dragon carp do cheap stuff - 30 to 40 scroats for a shelter.

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Summer months a big brolly is fine. I prefer it to bivvy as you can lay there and see so much more of the water.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Just had a look on Easy Tackle and you can get a Daiwa Mission two man bivvy for ?79.99, looks good.