One for Cakey

Johno

Reaction score
Cakey one for you I think, when replacing the battery in my RF45 transmitter I have wreaked the wet switch. I now intended to install the printed curcuit board and new battery in a water prof box on top of my bait boat and bypass the wet switch with a normal toggle switch, do you know if this will work or do you need the resistance between the 2 wet switch contacts for it to work ???? your advise would be much appreciated

C

Cakey

thats exactly what i done with mine Johno.....................i didnt want mine on everytime the boat went out

i cut a hole in the polystwatsit in front of the battery compartment so the water proof box was a snug fit,i also fitted the toggle switch upside down so i could not knock it on when changing boat batteries.
all this is asumming you have a cat !

Johno

Reaction score
Iv just got a standared AT bait boat, its totaly sealed so am going to mount the box containng smartcast batery and PCD on a external bracket, My wet switch contacts are also corroded thats why i want to do away with the wet switch and replace with a toggle switch. I was worried that a proper switch by-passing the wet switch would not work but i'll take your word for it looks like i'am going to Maplines tommorow

Cheers again Cakey

C

Cakey

one of my arguements againts the anti bait boaters is that i still need watercraft with a boat........................its not just dump and hope

T

The Monk

no, certainly not, I`ve use bait boats ocassionally, in fact walker use to use a model yatch (not a lot of people know that mate)