berkley lures

N

Nicky Garbutt

i was looking on the berkley web site and they was some lures on their which i like to give and go. i cant order them off their site and i was wonderinf if anyone knows were to get them.

thanks

L

Lee Foulkes

Nicky
I am not aware of anyone in the UK who stocks them but you can order them online from many of Berkleys stockists in the US, they will deliver to the UK and quite often you can save a few quid in the process.
Have a look at the Berkley home page and follow the links to their e-stockist

Lee

D

Dave O'L

Lee do you know if there are any problems with tax when ordering from USA? I ask cos Lands End say it's an issue if I order from the USA catalogue consequently price goes up.

L

Lee Foulkes

Dave
It can be the luck of the draw, depending how the shipment is sent to you, generally if it arrives via couriers like UPS you will pay import duty (about 2%) and VAT on your purchases, they will also charge VAT on the cost of shipping. If it comes by normal mail you will more than likely get away with it. Either way it can still work out cheaper, you have to treat each case individually.
For some items I have saved a fortune by buying from the US and paying the duty, others it just isn't worth it.
One thing I would say is the service I have received from the US has been incredible compared to what we get in the UK.
I placed an order with Cabelas on a Monday afternoon, I could track the package all the way over the UPS web site and see when it was on its way to me from the airport and it arrived Friday morning.

Lee

R

Rob Brownfield

Little problem just now...thanx to Anthrax scares, the shipments I was waiting for from the States have been "cancelled" BE CAREFUL!..I am ?100 down with little prospect of getting my money back

D

Dave O'L

Rob, maybe best to cancel order if you can & if probs I presume you used credit card. If so Consumer credit act. Log on to Trading Standards for rights, you should get money back from credit card company as they have shared liability.