quivertipping at night.

Rik Smith

Reaction score
I'VE got a nexave rod which i
want to put on an attachment for nightfishing.
I believe when they first brought the rod out there use to be the attachment fixed on already to put a chemical light in,but due to a lot of anglers breaking their tips when casting due to line wrap they stopped putting them on for this reason.
I use to whip on the adaptor that you get when you buy the chemical lights but because it was quite soft eventually it would break off just tear through as it was soft rubber. so i need something that i can fix on permanently probably that is tougher than that clear stuff.The chemical lights with the groove in them dont sit near enough to the end of the quiver for my liking they almost need to be put on the rod blank as opposed to the quiver . so any ideas? is there something i can buy.

Rik Smith

Reaction score
Cheers pikey just what i'm after i suppose the tip must be 21/2 0z so hopefully it will fit.thanks

captain carrott

Reaction score
you can get a couple of sizes of them, drennan do some which come with the betalights for about 7 quid with lots of little beads of different bores.

remember to use 2 per tip.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Touch leger?Much better than any dancing isotope IMHO.

Rik Smith

Reaction score
they can dance as much as they like as long as there's a fish on the end!! touch leger at night,too much if you're there all night.

captain carrott

Reaction score
if you put 2 on they don't dance anywhere near as much because you are looking for movement of the front one relative to the rear one. so when both are swimming round in nice little figure 8's don't strike but when they move out of line hit it it's a fish.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Would disagree Rik. Many's the time I've been dozing off on a short night session only to be rudely dragged back by a good tug on the line.I would have thought this was easier than having to concentrate on a betalight but each to their own.Have the best of both worlds and use both?

If it's an all nighter you might be best with alarms and bobbins?

Rik Smith

Reaction score
bobbins yeh but i'm not into the alarms just like to keep alert ,gimmee a heart attck if one of them suddenly went off. Love to fish the old night float and tip at night just too old fashioned but as you say be boring if we all fished the same had the same kit and caught identical fish.
Hang on though!

Joskin

Reaction score
How about a side winder. They are easy to concerntrate on when night fishing.

E

EC

"Many's the time I've been dozing off on a short night session only to be rudely dragged back by a good tug "

Oooooooooo matron, beats a bite alarm Nige!

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist (SAA) (ACA)

The simple cure for the isotope problem is red bull (or tesco's kick which is about a quid a litre)... just try it !

David Craine

Reaction score
How do you attach red bull or "kick" to the rod tip.................does it make the tip bounce.?

Nigel Smith 4

Reaction score
Hi Rick, good to know there's still someone elso who stays awake to fish rather than goes to sleep to fish.

'New member alert' I hope I haven't offended too many already :)

I've been able to use a swingtip so far for my trips on the ponds and also stick out a float for a different presentation. Chasing tench but it's been a bit quiet on my local so far.

Nige.

captain carrott

Reaction score
it's hard to really offend people on here, except for baz and peter jacobs.

Nigel Smith 4

Reaction score
Thanks guys.
Well I know some peeps get sensitive about comments regarding their slumbers whilst a tethered fish hurtles across the lake.
I could do with one of those bite alarm thingys though, the little beggars used to get me something wicked especially on the Trent, I got a good deal on some joss sticks and they seem to do the trick, one'll last for over half an hour just stuck in the bank wafting it's pleasant wisps around.