New Nash Brollies

N

Nick Gardner

Has anyone re-mortaged the house yet and bought either the new Groundhog or Hurricane from Nash. I got a Viper 2 years ago but fancy giving a brolley a go next year as they are abit more mobile and not all the place I fish like to have a big bivvie stuck around for 2 days with ground sheet etc

C

Carp Angler

I've got an Oval and the new Hutchy team shelter as well as bivvies and unless its either extreme weather or I'm pinned into one swim for several days then quick erect shelters win every time, mobility is becoming more and more vital, especially at this time of year.

N

Nick Gardner

Thanks C.A - As I live in Denmark, I wont be going out for a few months now as it's starting to get fairly cold, but certainly I found last year that when I set up the Viper, it was a god awfull job if the swim was not performing, to pack it away and move with all the kit. Had alot of condensation problems with the Viper aswell. Place would be dripping wet in the morning!!! and that wasnt because of too many beers and not being able to get out of my sleeping bag in time!!!! :)

C

Carp Angler

I'm sure you don't consume too much beer in Denmark.......

The biggest problem with most quick erect shelters is that they are single skin, so the condensation is horrendous.
If you want twin skin, quick erect and fairly compact then I can do no more than recommend (again) the Fox Classic Easy Dome.
Up or down in a little under 2 minutes max and it actually fits back into the bag it comes with.

R

Rob Brownfield

What do u guys do in ya bivvie to get condensation?
I have never had that problem..i use an Aqua Products bivvie...but i always have the door open

C

Carp Angler

No condensation in the bivvies, just under single skin shelters.

G

GYPSY DAVE

If you need to get up and down in under a minute (without the aid of a top shelf mag!) then get a Jackson pop up, (mangrove etc.) I have never, in all my years, seen any thing so fast. Trying to find one is a different matter.
Good luck.
GYPSY

C

Chris Betts

I own a Nash Oval with wings, I don't use anything else and I find this fine for both winter and summer use. No condensation, quick to set up and move, fits in the main pocket of my system select, and I can set it up on uneven banks without any problem.

N

Nick Gardner

Rob hit the nail on the head there as if you leave the door open, then air can circulate thus getting rid of condensation. This is not so great if you have a houling gail outside or it is around freezing temp. Chris had a good point about uneven ground which I have also found can be a bit of a worry with the Viper. I might try the Groundhog brollie as it should be a combination of the Oval and Profile. I let you all know how it fairs in a Scandinavian Winter/Spring.

p.s I have started a new thread about ready made rigs which I would be interested in seeing your comments as they seem to be prity good.

R

Rob Brownfield

I am confused by the definition of a Shelter? It cant be something like a Profile..as these dont have doors so condensation wont happen...

I have always left my door open in a bivvie. Three reasons...Quick escape in the event of a run....I can see water better and therfore can spot feeding fish (and hear them jumping at night)...and lastly...I dont want to die of fumes from my cooker!!

As my bivvie has a kind of pourch on it, the rain does not come in at all....

Also, I have fished through scotish winters like this...and al long as the wind is off u and your bag is up to the job, there is no problems with cold.

ps..like the Profile...but its way way way to expensive. Also had trouble with stitching comming undone.

K

Keith Miller

Been looking at alternatives for a new brollie, will probably go for a Profile.
Groundhog, although having four ribs touching the ground, has a sewn in groundsheet which I did not want.

R

Roto fryer

dont waste your money .
get an aqua by far the best around.

K

Keith Miller

Thanks for advice, do you know of anywhere near to me (North Essex) who is a stockist?

R

Roto fryer

aqua products can only be bought from stapely angling center or direct from aqua ill be back with a phone number

R

Rob Brownfield

Roto, I have one of the original Aqua Bivvies..and I totally agree ...the quality is brillient and its now about 8 years old and still perfect!

K

Keith Miller

Thanks RF, look forward to further reply. Rob, seen your observations in a previous thread when I did a search.