Time to reload those spools.......

Medders

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, it's time to reload my spools but with new line on the market, what line do I go for?? I've been using Korda 12lb Adrenaline over the last year or so and I was happy with it at first. Although I followed their loading instructions, I've found it's got a but 'twisty' (like the old telephone cords!!). I'd love to try their new fluro Kontour but I won't pay £60 to fill my 3 Ultegras!! Has anyone used Korda's Subline, is it any good? Should i use the trust worthy Daiwa Sensor??!! I'm happy to use mono? Any line recommended would be much appreciated. Many Thanks.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I've been using Shimano Technium for the past 2 seasons having been put on it by another FM contributor.

It has very little memory, it is very abrasive-resistant and has performend well for me with no concerns. The line has only 10% stretch as opposed to many mono lines having upto 25%

It is a little pricey, but search around the Internet to find decent prices.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Pro-Clear has served me well for many a year - has all the properties I need, low diameter compared to most monos - reasonably priced on a 1000m spool (from £17.75 for 8lb) and you don't need to get the spin doctor out many times during it's lifetime on the spool.:)

PaSC (failed)

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
I use whatever I can get that's as cheap as chips as it makes not one blind bit of difference most of the time. Only thing to watch for is memory and some lines are diabolical. Had a shed load of Bass Pro's Excel brought over from the USA in Feb, have to try that sometime, but a mate of mine swears by it.

Reaction score
If I could afford it, I'd go for Technium.

But I can't...

You are so flash PJ!! (Insert 'slightly jealous but good natured and essentially content with the lot life has dealt you' smilie here!)

So it's Senser or Maxima for me! :)

Medders

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, appreciate your responses! 12lb of the following offers....:-

The GLT Pro Clear seems to offer the lowest diameter line at 0.29mm.
The Berkley Big Game 0.36mm which is quite a lot in comparison to most.
The Daiwa Sesnor 0.33mm which seems to be standard.
Shimano Technium Invisitec 0.33mm, I've got the 15lb Tournament on my 'France Spools' and as solid as it is, I found it quite wirey, not sure if the 12lb line feels the same?
The Korda Subline is 0.35mm which again is quite a lot.

Well, in comparison I have concluded .................nothing!!!! lol! They're all very similar, although the lower diameter lines could edge it here.

Thank again!

Medders

Reaction score
Thanks everyone!

I bought 1000yds of Pro Tough in the end!!

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Thanks everyone!

I bought 1000yds of Pro Tough in the end!!

I dont think you will go far wrong with Pro Tough, or with any of those above come to that. The Subline does sink very well, at the end of the day, it's the hook link that is most important regarding fish detecting.

Good luck

Medders

Reaction score
Thanks for that mate, looks like I made the right choice!! I bought the 12lb Pro Tough which is the line they tested! From your experience, on the bulk spool of 1000yds, are there markers every 330yds say to give an idea if how much line your actually putting on? I've got 3 spools to fill and want to fill each one with the same amount of line approx?! Thanks again mate!