Bristol Avon River at Sutton Benger

Fishingdownthewindy

Reaction score
Has anyone on here/fished the Bristol Avon at Sutton Benger?, it is under the control of Swindon Isis Angling Club.

I am looking for a bit more productive Barbel sport this coming season that is a maximum hours drive from Witney, Oxfordshire, does anyone have any suggestions full permit or a day ticket?

I do not have enough time to spend days/weeks/months trying to catch doubles and have no desire to start banging my head against a brick wall.....get enough of that at home and along the windrush....just a bit of fun catching a few.

Just the waters would be great.

Thanks all in advance

N

Neil Smart

Hi I have fished Sutton Benger the Bristol Almagamated stretch, and although there are Barbel their it's not exactly prolific. If you say an hour drive is maximum that should open up the Severn for you and the Warks Avon A.40 Cheltenham - Tewkesbury. If you want some big fish action this would be the place to start.
If you need any more help just ask.

Fishingdownthewindy

Reaction score
Hi I have fished Sutton Benger the Bristol Almagamated stretch, and although there are Barbel their it's not exactly prolific. If you say an hour drive is maximum that should open up the Severn for you and the Warks Avon A.40 Cheltenham - Tewkesbury. If you want some big fish action this would be the place to start.
If you need any more help just ask.

Hi Neil

Ok, thanks for the heads up on the Sutton Benger stretch.

I could do with some help been pointed in the right direction, can you reccomend me a ticket/permit for either the Severn and Warks Avon....don't want much do I.

I tried pm'ing you but any advice would be great.

Cheers

Adam

N

Neil Smart

Hi Adam
Sorry about that...think I should be 'activated' now.