Tackle Insurance

Mike Redding

Reaction score
One additional piece of advice well worth considering is that you should take photographs of all your major items of tackle.

In the past, when my parents garage was burgled, the thieving insurance company (sorry, I rank insurance companies slightly below serial killers!) reduced the value of our claim because we didn't have proof that we owned the items stolen. Either receipts, or photos were acceptable, but we had neither (the tackle stolen had been collected over many years, so receipts were long gone).

Now, as a matter of course (pun intended) I take photos of all new items bought and occasionally lay all my tackle out for a big 'group photo'.

Mike.

W

Wolfman Woody

I have a picture of every reel, boxes, chairs and many other bits of kit, but I do keep meaning to take pictures of my rods.

Also have pictures of PC, video, DVD, Rolex watch, cameras, hi-fi, boat and even the car (just in case the Police have forgotten what a MG ZTT looks like).

We were the victims of a break in once and once bitten, twice shy!

Wiktor z Polski/Dr. Wodka

Reaction score
This is a very useful thread and I would like someone give more tips on securing my fishing tackle and perharps some more good and tested insurance company names to check.