definative answer on loading line

Marvin Village

Reaction score
i have tried many different ways of loading line onto reels, is there a definitive answer ?????????????????

njb51

Reaction score
get your self a copy of this months 'Improve Your Coarse Fishing'.

It explains how best to do it in there, as well as showing pictures.

Wooly

Reaction score
Attach reel to be filled to rod, thread line through first & second ring, attach the line from the bulk spool to your line, get a bucket of warm water, chuck the bulk spool in the bucket, then using a bit of old bycycle inner tube to grip line just above spool wind enough line onto the reel to fill it. Use the old innertube to maintain a tight line whilst winding.

Wooly

Reaction score
I read it in one of the usual monthly magazines, written by someone famous (name escapes me) and it seems to work well for me - eliminting the usual line twist.
It is important you keep the line tight as you wind it on and the rubber should be wet.
I always keep a bit of inner tube in my tackle box incase I have to re-spool at the lakeside (common when fishing in France) in which case I just chuck the spool in the margins.

jimj40

Reaction score
Wooly, that's just gross! You don't seriously expect me to put wet fishing line anywhere near my shiny new reel, do you?

Anyway, my local tackle shop doesn't stock old inner tubes...although they are available on special order ;-)

P

paul williams 2

JJ.....Fo* are bringing out flavoured rubbers soon.......field testing is just peaking!

jimj40

Reaction score
Really, Paul? We've had vending-machines selling them in my local pub for years....

Wooly

Reaction score
I think the word rubber was obviously too much for some of you ol boys!