what goals have you set your selfs for this season?

chav professor

Reaction score
My first double figure barbel (we don't get 'em where I live). Another six pound chub from my river and a seven (in my dreams) from somewhere else.....

bigchub

Reaction score
Like Christian I would love to catch another 6lb chub and would definitely love to catch a 7lber +. You never know Christian it might be this year that we do it!

waggy

Reaction score
A 3lb perch would be very acceptable, as would a double figure pike - it's many years since I had one.

Reaction score
3lb perch is one of them, double barbel would be lovely, a decent sized tench (anything over 3lb) haven't had one in years...but most of all more fishing and more enjoyment with friends new and old.......

And retaining my hold on "His Lordship's Chalice" at the annual PaSC event.

mol

Reaction score
Last season was propably my best ever. My goal is to have a better one!:D

My favourite way to fish is light, mobile and fast so I'm planning on doing alot more lure fishing this season. I'm blessed with very good zander fishing locally so I plan to exploit that, As I'll mainly be fishing rivers I figure most other species will turn up but I really like an Ide on a lure.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Yes - a 6lb chub and a 4lb (clean) crucian (stuck on 3.15 since 2004 from the Summer Pit - equalled it three times at Marsh Farm (must get a new set of scales)
Chub - Loads of big 5's but never hit the magic 6 yet
Also stuck on 14.10 for barbel for some years (although I've had 6 14's)
A 15 would be nice - had a 10.4 from Marlow Weir in '77 not as impressive as I first thought - I believe a 14.6 was caught from the Thames in 1880 something.

PaSC (failed)

Last edited:

mickhayes

Reaction score
Im moving back to the fens soon so a p.b. zander would be great especially if its on a lure. On the Ouse a big perch would be great.

newbieneil

Reaction score
Im into my 3rd season of fishing now and i still havent caught a double figure fish so thats always in the back of my mind as a target(pb is about 8.5lb common carp)....that apart i,d like a nice barbel(pb is 4.5) ...anything over about 7lb i`d be chuffed with and also 5lb chub would be nice (current best is about 4lb)...oh and ive always really wanted to catch a grass carp for some reason but havent had one yet!

saying all this though ,im going to be a father at the start of july so that could put payed to any fishing-nevermind `targets!` lol

beerweasel

Reaction score
As i'll be getting back into fluff chucking for coarse fish this season,my target
is a 5lb chub which is par for the course on the river Cam.
Thought about a burbot expedition to the Great Ouse,I know there supposed
to be extinct but you never know.Why the hell the EA isn't restocking this fish
is beyond me.Birders got there way with Osprey,Great bustard and Red Kite,we
should protect the biodiversity of the nation.

Dave Slater

Reaction score
My immediate target is a crucian of 3lb 8oz plus. I have caught a few threes now and I think 3lb 8oz is an achievable target. A four would be very nice but I am a realist.
Next target is to update my bream p.b. My existing best of 10lb 11oz was caught 28 years ago and was a good fish in those days. I haven't fished for them since and this is my only p.b. that has stood for so long. One of my friends from darts catches 12 and 13lb bream fairly regularly and will give me some help. He insists it shouldn't be too difficult.
My final target is an 8lb chub from the Avon to go with my Stour fish. As far as I know my good friend Bill Neal is the only person to catch eights from both rivers and it would be nice to follow in his footsteps.

barbelboi

Reaction score
My immediate target is a crucian of 3lb 8oz plus. I have caught a few threes now and I think 3lb 8oz is an achievable target. A four would be very nice but I am a realist.
/QUOTE]

Dave - Go to Marsh Farm – not too far from you and the facilities are excellent. Peaceful, tackle shop, cafeteria and toilets that are better than some hotels I’ve stayed at! - fish Harris lake – there are plenty of 3.8 plus fish and as said in a previous thread I wanna break my 3.15 pb that I have equalled but been stuck on for some time – a realistic chance of a clean 4.:D
PaSC (failed)

Dave Slater

Reaction score
I am fishing at Marsh Farm currently. As you say it is a very nice place. The crucian fishing in Harris Lake has been very hard this year so far but I have caught a few to 3-5 this year. The tench are a real pain so far this year and are difficult to avoid. I have caught some much bigger ones this year than last year though including two over 8lb. As soon as they slow down a bit my big crucian should be a much easier target. I have caught very big hybrids locally to me in the past which I now know are not crucians so I will stick to places like Marsh Farm as I know the crucians I am catching aere proper ones.

barbelboi

Reaction score
I am fishing at Marsh Farm currently. As you say it is a very nice place. The crucian fishing in Harris Lake has been very hard this year so far but I have caught a few to 3-5 this year. The tench are a real pain so far this year and are difficult to avoid. I have caught some much bigger ones this year than last year though including two over 8lb. As soon as they slow down a bit my big crucian should be a much easier target. I have caught very big hybrids locally to me in the past which I now know are not crucians so I will stick to places like Marsh Farm as I know the crucians I am catching aere proper ones.

Dave, do July and August when the weather is head banging hot and realistically too hot to fish. The big fish seem to come on at between 10.30-11.00 - 1.30ish – feels too hot to fish but the little ***** * tend to really get stuck in . They are pretty street wise, not so much as the Summer Pit, but they tend to fall for a 6mm expander with 10 per cent K6 boilie ad.in the water. If you have no scruples they are coming out on mini method feeders (bolt rig) either on a margin pole or rod usually with sweet corn – but if you are a fair play merchant forget what I just said – I wouldn’t go that way either. Wish you luck – this method has caught many 3.8’s plus but no 4lb’ ers yet – maybe you could break the mould.

PS :Not a pole man but...... we usually use a margin pole at approx 7m due to the better presentation

PaSC (failed)

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
same goal as the last 3 seasons, to frame in the lower Thames championship.........
and I would walk naked down the local High Street at midday if I caught a 5oz gudgeon from the canal.........

stikflote

Reaction score
none, i go to enjoy myself with out any undue pressure,im not really interested in what size i catch or what fish,my biggest ever fish was a 17lb pike that must at least 25 years ago carp around 16lb in a match,,i no longer match fish ,so i,ll not know how big my next fish will be ,and frankly i dont care

barbelboi

Reaction score
peter crabtree;985168 and I would walk naked down the local High Street at midday if I caught a 5oz gudgeon from the canal.........[/QUOTE said:
Thanks for the warning

PaSC (failed)

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
My good lady has been very poorly this and last year, this has seriously curtailed my fishing. I caught my first Grayling last season thanks to skippy and the good advice of a couple of the other guys on here. They are a bit like buses, I fished the Itchen fish in and had over Forty in one session.

This season I fancy a big Perch, I had a few over the Two pound mark last season and a guy on the bank last week showed me a picture of one he had caught the previous week of 3lb 10oz, the lakes are mainly fished for carp and the prospects look good, I've also had one decent eel of 3lb 8oz and as far as I know this has been the only one caught. When I night it, I will target them. When I joined the club they sent out a news-letter saying that they thought there may be a Catfish in there, as a few anglers had suffered bite offs and unstoppable runs. So who knows what's in there.

Oh, and I saw a carp feeding not six inches from the bank, how big? Well I could have thrown a saddle on it!

Over Fifty seasons under my belt and I'm still as keen as when I was a teenager.