wye valley

D

dave mac

just booked my first week of the season on the wye close to ross.
looking for a change of scenery. alway,s done the severn or ribble. any advice most welcome. have i made a good or bad move just like the look of the wye but would like to slide a few barbel over the net as well. roll on the 16th

J

John McLaren

Wonderful river, going again myself later on in the year. The stretch I have fished is big and powerful and there is no need to fish at any distance from either bank - which is often the case on the Ribble. The fish fight as well as anywhere else - maybe a bit better than the Ribble fish!

eric walker

Reaction score
dave
great venue . be prepared for a lot of diturbance from canoes that time of year right up till oct choose a swim that will hopfully not get spooked to much during the day best time for fishing is earley morneying up to 10 ish that about when the canoes start coming in numbers then late evening . best have a good ammount of terminal tackle there are so many snags .so its not for the faint hearted cost wise. but if you are like me i make my own leads. i will also be down sometime in the first few weeks cheers eric

D

dave mac

cheers for info eric/john. starting to think no one ever fished it till you both responded. thought there was going to be a canoe problem as the first caravan site i was booking on, all they were interested in was canoe hire.
only like to fish mornings and evenings so hope i can avoid them. "roll on the 16th"

D

dave mac

p/s john always enjoy you,re venue reports on the ribble. along with everyone else,s any more talk of another fish in this year going to try and make it this time.

J

John McLaren

Dave I certainly hope so as I missed the last one myself - John Conway is the prime mover on this for which we are all very grateful.