Anyone got a good memory?

the indifferent crucian

Reaction score
Or a good 'search this site' type mind?

About a year ago, one of the posters on here thought he might be able to duplicate the transfer on an old cane rod. I recall it was the Octopus transfer of an Edgar Sealey cane rod from the Mid-Sixties.

I seem to recall he had some success with the project.

One of our pals on here is about to restore such a rod, which is minus its transfer, and I thought it might be nice to get him a transfer made up......

Only my memory is poor and I'm not clever at searching. I think the creative one lived near me here is SW Surrey...but that's all I can recall.

the indifferent crucian

Reaction score
Well my memory wasn't so bad after all...I thought it was a year ago, and it was....almost to the day.

By a peculiar twist of fate it is Sean M. that I wanted to get the logo made for. Small world, innit?

Thank-you Sagalout..that was indeed the thread. Well found. Sadly it seems Tenchfisher only ever came here that one time.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Sadly it seems Tenchfisher only ever came here that one time.
That's what narks me so much, so many people join not only this site, but others too, make 1 or 2 posts, get the info they want then never return. It temps me to say that when someone asks a question such as that in their first post to ignore them completely as all they are doing is poncing, but I think most of us regulars are too gentlemanly to do something lake that.

Still annoys me though. :mad:

A second thought - perhaps we all aught to send him a PM and ask him if the information satisfied as we haven't seen hide nor hair of him since. :D