tench method mix

kevin butler

Reaction score
hi, can anyone recomend a good tench method mix, and also what hook baits to use . cheers kev......... cum on ENGLAND

S

Sean Meeghan

Hi Kevin

At the moment I'm using a mix of Van den Eynde Hi Pro Carp and Dynamite Baits Swim Stim Amino Black. 1/3 Amino Black to 2/3 Hi Pro. To be honest I use the Hi Pro cos its cheap and nicely sticky so any reasonably priced method mix will do. The Amino Black makes the mix nice and dark and gives it a good whiff.

I'm using corn tipped with red worm on the hook at the moment with 10mm Source boilies as a change bait on the other rod. Add a few samples of the hook bait to your mix.

Another good bait to try is dead maggots. Clean fresh maggots, add some flavour (I like the Source)and put them in a bag in the freezer for 12 hours.

Hope that helps

Skev

Reaction score
Hi,
I think vitalin is as good as anything (and is relatively cheap)and you can mix absolutely anything with it, perhaps some halibut pellets and a tin of corn, and fish maize on the hair.

S

Sean Meeghan

Skev, do you use boiling water to mix the Vitalin or just cold lake water?

J

Jeff (AKA Cheeky Monkey, Spud, Jay Dubya, Woody .

Coarse Fisherman - June - Page 92 - picture of a load of groundbaits.

Nashbaits Coarse Method - does anyone else think this is simply Vitalin? Well, I could be wrong.

J

Just found a price for Nashbaits Coarse Method Mix groundbait - ?4.99 for 2 kilos. Ouch!

Vitalin is less than ?10 for 15 kilos at our local supplier. - If it's the same, but it's what I would use anyway. Spice it up with a good dollop of molasses from the horse shop - ?5 for 4 litres.

J

Jack Pike BA

What is Vitalin , is it meat based I have seen other dog food in bulk but would know which flavour to get and what make would be a a good alternative to Vitalin?.

E

EC

Add some fishmeal as well to smelly it up a bit, again quite cheap if you buy in bulk!

J

Not much else, that I've seen.

My dogs food is Autarky Summer, about ?15 per 15 kilos, but it would probably need scalding or grinding down a bit first. Full of herbs and spices though.

Skev

Reaction score
Sorry I couldn't reply sooner Sean, had to get an early night. This is the way i prepare vitalin. Just put your vitalin in a bucket and add enough boiling water to cover it completely. Then leave it to soak for about half an hour. After that you can then add pretty much anything you like. To be honest i don't know whether you can use cold water or not, i've never tried it.

M

Mark Hodson

If your going to use Vitalin buy a cheap bottle of liquid molasses from a farm supply shop (about ?4.99 for 3 litres)and add agood dose to sweeeten it up, tench, bream and carp love the stuff.

J

Jack Pike BA

I found some Vitalin today but just bought a small bag to see how it goes but yesterday I bought a 25kgof brown crumb ,molasses, pellets,fishmeal,hemp,a couple of bags of bits and bobs ,rabbit and guinea pig food and a large bag of hay for the pets came to ?33 in total well pleased with that. Going on a prebaiting spree now going to mix the lot in the bath and take a wheelbarrow full down to my chosen swims .