Overnighter for Bank Holiday

Marvin Village

Reaction score
does anyone know of a good fishery in the notts / derbyshire are, i have a weekend of freedom this weekend which also happens to be a bank holiday and am therefore planning a overnight trip...............i have only been living in derbyshire for 9 months and am struggling to find a good fishery that also allows overnight stays.

the one i am considering at the moment is willesley lake which i understand is a decent fishery.

not to bothered about catching monsters, although it would be nice, just somewhere that we can get a few runs off some decent sized fish say 15 - 20lb

richard turner

Reaction score
hi m8 iv not fished the place your on about but iv seen the website and tryed to contact them a few times i dont no if its an old website or what.if you do go can you please let me no what its like it looks lovely on the site but dont say what facilitys it has etc fresh water, toilets so if you can will you let me mo as i really fancy a bash at the place thanks m8

Marvin Village

Reaction score
i spoke to them yesterday on the phone, no facilities at the moment other than fresh water, struggling to get planning approval for a proposed toilet / shower block, i have been down a couple of times on my way past and had a chat to a few anglers there...........from their comments it seems to be a decent fishery, quite a few features to fish to with a decent mixed stock of fish with some big carp
if we end up going i will probably post something on this thread on tuesday

richard turner

Reaction score
thanks for the info m8 could you pleasse leave there tel no as i think i might have the wrong one i will look on tues to see how you got on if you go,A1PITS is fine but matt is right it will be chocker block by friday dinner and if you have a boat dont bother as they are banned at weekends thanks again for the info .