A great write up

• Thread starter Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)
  • Start date
R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

What a shame that Graham didn't beat Barney.

Sounds like you all had a good day.

I might come next year and show you all how it's done if I can have peg 55.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Slide show is a excellent touch. The weather was terrible but i belive this is standard for the event. Look forward to next year were i hope to improve on one little bream.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

A great slide show.
Was that Johnny (two nets) Nothmore in the slide before Graham?

K

Kevin Perkins * * * * * * *

Sorry about the brevity of the report, a more detailed acount of how I think the day went will appear in this weeks AA article

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

Because Graham once bought me a pint of beer.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
I didn't realise everyone would weigh in and knowing that Stu had won I put my two back, a carp and a parrot mouthed tench probably around 10 or 11lb and like most I lost one, pretty insignificant compared to Stu but thats fishing.

What amazes me is that very few of us made ourselves known, me included, although I know a few anyway but its always nice to know who you are speaking to when you don't recognise them. You tend to talk to everyone but rarely introduce yourself, its madness isn't it? We really ought to sort that out with badges or something.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
I agree Graham, I met Kevin Perkins at the Thames Fish-in (I think!) sorry Kevin I didn't realise who you were and few others too.
I think we are quite a shy bunch really!

B

You've got a gob haven't you Graham? what do you need badges for?
I always ask people who do they think they are at the Fish Ins.
Where's the harm in that?

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Theres no harm in it whatsoever except that when you have 38 people milling about, you aren't going to speak to every single one of them but you still wonder who they are. Some you recognise for one reason or another but not all, in fact I reckon that most people who attended on Saturday wouldn't know two thirds of the others. I stood talking to Lee for five minutes before it suddenly dawned on me who it was and the same with Bryan Baron. I've fished with a few of them before but the majority are still just people on the computer which is a bit sad really.

Mind you everyone knows Gary because the blue cloud around him and the distinctive smell soon identifies him, Graham M always has securicor in attendance for his wallets peace of mind and Lord Lichfield with his cameras because of his articles are also easily recognised. Oh! and Wol because he's named his car after himself.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Just tried enlarging some of the pics but cant so the slide show might not be as good as first thought.

B

I don't really understand you Graham. When I am on a fish in I always introduce myself and ask are they also on the fish in. They always answer yes and my name is DDDDDDDDDD or whoever.

38 people with badges costing say, a quid each? Do you think Graham Marsden is made of money or something?? Then what about all the other fish ins? The poor man would be bankrupt in no time. Just introduce yourself and don't talk to strangers.

C

Chris Bishop

Take a marker pen and write your names on your foreheads.

This may also assist wives, parners and children to remember who you are if you don't see much of them during the season.