RIGS easy:O

Ryan Bamborough

Reaction score
who knew rigs making was so easy my friend showed me other day before a days fishing...after fishing decided to make rigs for the weekend by my self and to my surprise it worked.. whats your favourite rig..depth..hook size...

i know it for differwent lakes but wots ya favourite rig?

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

Anything with low resistance on a pick up or take, so a free running lead is my favourite.

Reaction score
Your question is very general Ryan, but I agree with Baz.

On both rivers and lakes, a free running lead is the one I choose in most situations for many species including zander, pike, barbel, carp, bream, tench and chub.

If you provide more details of your favourite species, style of fishing and venue, you will get better, more specific advice.

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
Kiss Ryan, Kiss, that's the secret, certainly at the start of your distinguished career.

That's not me being over friendly by the way but the old adage of 'Keep it simple stupid'.

Too many rigs are overcomplicated and the more you add the more can go wrong.

I see you fish commercials so my rig would be a size 12 or 14 Gamazatsu hook (I like these after recently trying them) tied with a hair. Then a simple free running lead or small method feeder, probably in-line type.

Ryan Bamborough

Reaction score
i pole fish dont know wot the technical term is haha im new..erm the place is bank end in doncaster and species anything apart from pike!!