Middy 13m carp baggin pole

Steven Beavan

Reaction score
Despite my shiny new maver declaration having power tops, I don't fancy mauling carp out of weedy margin swims with it.

I've had a couple of people reccomend the Middy carp baggin machine pole but I've yet to get my hands on one to try.

If you believe the blurb in AT you could drag a pig backwards through a hedge with it.
One guy said that with the elastic through the number 2+3 sections it will handle double figure carp 'with ease'.

Has anyone here bought one, used one or seen it in action?

Cheers, Steve.

J

Jeff (AKA Cheeky Monkey, Spud, Jay Dubya, Woody .

You don't need to "drag a pig backwards through a hedge with it."

Soon as a fish runs off, stick the pole tip under the water, she'll come back. 12 or 14 elastic maximum is all that's required. Double figure carp are best caught on running line.

Steven Beavan

Reaction score
Jeff.
I need to pull up large fish quickly in snaggy swims somtimes with overhanging branches. I've caught a lot of decent carp and tench with this method.

The trouble is the two poles I've used for this have had it. One was an old daiwa with a reinforced number two and the other was (very)old Garbolino 8m glass fibre pole, and you can't get parts for 'em.

I normally fish a no18 solid elastic tight through the numbers 2+3 section.
Good though the Declartion is, I don't think it's up to this kind of treatment.

BTW, in case your worried about me injuring fish, the pig was metaphorical, I probably wouldn't drag anything larger than a badger through a hedge ;).