I may regret this...I've ordered an Airflo Ridge Line!!!

John Wood 2

Reaction score
I may well regret it, but I've ordered on in WF5 - more out of curiosity than anything else.

The magazine reviews are actually quite good, if they are to be believed!

S

Shrek

I've heard good things about them from "non-magazine" users but haven't tried one myself.

Graham Marsden on here uses one and gets on well with it. It's not completely memory free and does snake slightly on the water, but this helps with bite detection.

I'd be interested to read your comments once you've had a chance to try it out thoroughly.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Unlike Gary whose reality is easily farted

E

EC

Its funny, coz every time I read the title to swordsy's thread, I miss out the g and it jumps out

'Bi swordsy'

Hope he doesnt read this, dont tell him!

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

The Airflo Ridge line.

I've heard good reports about it and I've heard some that have been downright scathing.

When Graham was fishing with it the other day it certainly shot out nicely and seemed to do what was claimed for it.

Personally I am getting more to the conclusion these days that a bit of memory in the line is no bad thing. The trout just might tend to hold onto your fly that bit longer.

Rhys Llywelyn

Reaction score
This line really does work, I have one and it certainly does give a few yards extra distance with less effort.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Casts really well but like a coiled spring once it's been on the reel for an hour or two.

I'll do a review soon.

John Wood 2

Reaction score
I've finally got round to using it - I was pleasantly surprised. It casts really well, but I haven't experienced any memory at all - mind you, I did give it a good stretch before putting it onto the reel.

I have two neagtives - the first one being those welded loops. The loop at the reel end is a great idea, but the loop at the tippet end sticks out like a sore thumb. I've removed it and fitted a standard braided loop.

The second negative is that it doesn't really load my rod fully - I would recommend going up and additional weight line.

NT

Reaction score
I have heard that grit gets stuck in teh grooves and wears out your rod rings / snakes. Can anyone confirm this?