New Season

Ginger

Reaction score
Jon, the 3 month lay off seems to get longer every year.Can`t wait for the 16th, at least with the rain we`ve had this last week our local rivers will have some water in them,really struggled last season even in the winter months.

njb51

Reaction score
looking forward to getting back on the Thames - though I might leave it a week or so because as soon as it opens again, the circus arrives!

J

john conway

Can't wait to get back on the Ribble and explore new waters. Our lass hasn't worked it out yet but I'm in three clubs now that have stretches on the Ribble.
The EA day ticket stretch at Great Mitton looks interesting as well.
I suppose if other anglers can be tackle tarts then I must be a Ribble club tart????????
Anyhow, I've once again booked a days holiday on the 16th, lets hope the weather's going to be OK.
For anyone fishing form mid-night on, moonrise is 00:55 hrs so we get at least one hour of darkness if it's Chub you're after. Barbel seem a bit more tolerant of bright moonlight, well at least on the Ribble. Having said all that, I never seem to do very well on opening day, but I still get quite excited about it.

S

Sean Meeghan

Mmm Looks like a day on the Wharfe for me. Although its not a very prolific river so I might be wasting my time!!!

;)

Ginger

Reaction score
Sean, will you be taking Spiros Papaglimis with you?

Ginger

Reaction score
On second thoughts he`ll probably be fishing with Mick Wood.

S

Sean Meeghan

Spiros is welcome to come with me! Nah I won't be fishing with Mick as he gets a bit jealous when I catch more than him.

S

Sean Meeghan

On a serious note, I'll probably avoid the first day and then fish the Swale and possibly the Don during following week

Y

yoggy

I`m pulling my hair out!!!!!!!!.first day i`m out with Ron on my local Fen drains.And the following week i`m OFF work!!

Myself and Nick are out on the Nene and Ouse during this week...can`t wait!!

C

Chris Bishop

Keep me informed RE Ron's whereabouts - plan to drop in at some point.

Y

yoggy

No problem,i think i`ve still got your mobile number??,...you know what Rons like with mobiles!!!!!!

T

tom riordan

Ive wangled the 17th off, so after midnight 16th I will have a go at a new club stretch on the Trent(private parking on the river bank) for some chub I have already spotted and am currently dropping them a few snacks off each evening. Home for breakfast then off to the Dove for a day on the stick float, thats if it drops enough to be able to use the waders, shes a bit full at the moment.

Reaction score
All this rain is making me very excited but for the first time in 23 years I will be starting the season on a stllwater.

The Teme, my traditional start, IMHO needs time to enjoy this glorious water so I shall pin back my season there a month or so.

Sabrina on the other hand will be receiving my full attention from the following weekend. I can't wait...

P

paul williams 2

Got my excuse ready!!

To much cold wet weather late may early June......late spawning, not interested in anglers baits! :(

C

Christian Tyroll

i cant wait, first weekend of the season il be on the Medway,1 rod chub and another on the offchance of a barbus, getting all weak at the knees...

C

Chris Bishop

No problem,i think i`ve still got your mobile number??,...you know what Rons like with mobiles!!!!!!

E-mailed it Yoggs. I'm going to fish the morning for pikes somewhere, try and catch Ron lunchtime-ish if you're near where I'm going, chew the fat for an hour or two then go fish the evening for pikes with a mate.

J

John McLaren

After a number of pretty poor starts I'm fishing a still water this year (not for barbel I hasten to add!) This means that the rest of you can happily go off to whatever river takes your fancy and enjoy the sensation of every fish in the river crawling up your rod!

Tight Lines to all.

java

Reaction score
Can't wait to get on the river Soar I've only been once in the closed season to a still water but it just don't do it for me I enjoy the river much moor but every one to their own thing I say.
Good luck to every one on June 16th
Java