Burton Mere ?

J

Jack Pike BA

Does anyone have any info on Burton Mere We going this weekend just wondering what can be used and what not, whats banned?

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Phone Terry or Peter on 0151 3530115

They'll be glad to tell you

If you speak to Terry(he owns it) tell him I said to phone and he'll give you all the info on which lake is fishing best

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
Fortunately not too many bait bans, but check with Terry. Depends what you are after, but Woodlands is good for big Bream and Tench (5-7 lbs bracket) in the reed fringed margins. The big carp and Cats are in the Main Burton Mere which has weeping willows etc and really looks the part. Swims all big enough for bivvies. Active 8 boilies and fruit flavours seem to do well. The two match lakes hold some good carp too, up to 15-16 lbs, and can be a bit of a surprise for pole anglers. If the weather is bad opt for one of the more sheltered lakes cos those overlooking the marshes are quite exposed. Good luck.

J

Jack Pike BA

Cheers lads the main Burton Mere is fully booked so probaly try the Woolands I fished there around 12 years ago and I think the other two had trout in then.

E

Yes they did -- but those 2 have been joined up and made into one big coarse lake ...

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
You stupid boy Pike! Terry will charge you extra for the overnight parking...

E

It was Baz that locked the gate !!!

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
Fish the main match lake if you want to catch carp averaging 4lb each. Paste is the top bait followed by the method feeder and dead red maggot. The splash waggler or skud can also produce a few carp. Fish pegs 25, 26, 33, 34, 38, 19, 20, 13, 50, 7, 4. These are the best pegs on the lake but you should catch on most pegs except the first few 27-31 which are always hard. Great fishing and if you having a pleasure session you should catch 100lb plus! Hope that helps.

Okay okay,.............I copied from another site :eek:] :eek:]

J

Jack Pike BA

How the place has changed since I was there around 12 years ago then there was only three of us on the whole complex now it was bivvy to bivvy god knows how they found a place to put a bait on the Woodland lake. we fished the square lake the one behind the match lake had a few skimmers the wind made conditions difficult the wife had one mirror around six pounds. A gang arrived and set up opposite to where we was fishing reminded me about a Haven campsite what ever happen to stealth and the quiet approach when fishing. Are all commercials like this now all I can say is roll on the 16th when the rivers and drains are open again.

stevo stephenson

Reaction score
hi all, i fish burton mere every week being my local water and terry (the owner being my godfather) i know alot about the mere and woodland. i do not fish beach or willow because i target the cats anf decent carp. i know alot about current tactics, whats working and what isnt. im only 16 but hav battered it for 10 years now starting of match fishing and moving on up to the big specimens early this year. if anybody needs a few hint ot tricks iv got ideas that would even suprise the best of anglers. if u need a decent peg i know the hotspots and could show you if you happen to go visit whilst im fishing there. call me on 07789326724 cheers guys stevo