nice fish

C

Christian Tyroll

great catch well done loverly looking fish, how much did it weigh?
is this a normal carp (ie same as we catch in england) and what country is this in?

Joskin

Reaction score
It would appear from this guys album that it was caught at this superb Carp water in Macedonia.
You have got to check this out especialy the rules that they have.

rules page

C

Christian Tyroll

wow alot of rules.
how do you take a drink if not in plastic or pressurised packaging?

looks like a great place though, i certainly wouldnt mind fishing there!

mark c

Reaction score
must be some very skinny fisherman if they cant prepare food or have a drink whatever next feeding the fish with chemicals? lol:)

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Sounds like a commercial hole in the ground to me. Just pop to the Monument if thats what you want but its not for me.

Joskin

Reaction score
"The holding pouch and the catcher must always be wet" rule tickled me

as to did "Touching the fish in the eyes, gills and removing the hook with various items such as twigs, wires and similar."

Not the sort of place I would want to go either. They must get some real muppets if they need all those rules.

C

Christian Tyroll

Joskin made me laugh to, i think the translations came out a bit different then they intended!
didnt know they had overstcked puddles
like ours in other countries. but we dont know these fish have all been stocked, it could just be the fish over there grow larger, quicker then over there...
of course i could just be being optimistic.

matt

Reaction score
All those rules certainly seem to have made the guys in the picture exceedingly miserable.
or is that one of the rule?

All fishermen must not apear to be enjoying themselves!

aleksandar tanevski

Reaction score
First sorry abuot my English!

J'm sad that you didn't understand so much from the rules, beside that 90% are copy of UK and French carp lakes!(?). The are a lot,because we don't want to miss something unexplaind to all our visitors.
The rules about food and drink is because we want to protect the enviroment of polution,because we have a certificat of our Ministry of ecology.There is a restoran for all kind of food and drink,so...
For some of you "it is a hole", but J see many smaller holes as a fishing lake in all Europe.
So "THIS HOLE" mostly have authentic domestic common carp(as on this picture),and it is the FIRST catch&release carp lake in the region.Here NOBODY likes fat^leather carp^, who look like an old truck.
This 3feet,7inches and 51lbs carp(on the picture) is one of 50 carps over 13lbs in the lake AQUARIUM.And we are proud of that.
We are in negotiations to get more common carps over 50,and probably over 60lbs this year.Big native lakes in Macedonia have plenty of big carps,wich we want so save it,by placed in AQUARIUM lake.
And you are right that here carps growing faster and fishing season is 52 weeks.
This is small lake in small country, but there is so much big carps,here and we are not guilty for that.

David Naylor 3

Reaction score
I think them rules make perfect sense.

Why do you need to prepare food by the lake side if you can bring it with you?

They're not silly rules, they are rules to protect the fish and the enviroment.

It's a shame that more UK fisheries don't care as much for the enviroment that they make money from.

Macedonia is a land locked country where people eat fresh water fish. Rules like this are needed in my opinion. It's only good practice that most of us would do anyway.

aleksandar tanevski

Reaction score
David Naylor 3,

J think that you understand the situation here.
There is maybe more that 1000 carp lakes in Europe and they have long tradition.Here this lake is pioneer of carp fishing and C&R moto.
It's normal that we can make some mistakes on start,but we are learning.