Venue and Method Advice

Chris

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

i'm hoping to go fishing soon and have put together a game plan from what i have seen on TV. I was hoping to go to Drayton reservoir as I saw Jan Porter fishing a floating method feeder with a boilie about 3 feet deep attached straight to the mainline on TV there, and his results were impressive. Any advice on the proposed plan or venue or type of feed etc id be glad to hear about, thanks for your input,

Chris

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

Chris.
What you have seen on t.v. may or may not work in reality when you go there. Give it a go but have other methods in mind as well. The time of year and weather conditions will have played a big part in the video. We are also comeing up to spawning time. Was the water in the video closed to other anglers at the time of making? All manner of things have to be taken into acount mate.

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
Chris, you are referring to the 'Baggin Waggler' episode of 'Carp Crew' I think.

It can be an extremely effective approach on highly stocked competitive waters like Drayton however as Baz says every day has it's effective method and you can fish the going method on any water and still blank.

As for the feed mix well any good carp groundbait / method mix will work mixed to the correct consistency but you can experiment with additional flavours or particled until you have your own devistating mixture.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Good methord on the right day. Read the wright up clattercoates nearl 40 of us and the big bags only came to a few.

Also the pegs they were fishing are usually booked upto 2 years in advanced as Jan stated in the program. The whole resevoir does not fish like that. Just like any water it as its hot spots.