The Michael Evans Arrowhead line

• Thread starter Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)
  • Start date
R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

I have been using a Arrowhead 7/8 floating line recently for my reservoir fishing.

Quite frankly it's one of the best lines I have ever used. If it has a down side it is too short at 27 yards. I can chuck the whole thing off the rod plus a few yards of backing on top of it, making a 35 yards + cast, with only two false casts easy.

These lines are very low stretch which makes bite detection and striking at distance easier. They also are not entirely memory free, but that doesn't worry me in the least.

The front part of the line is white, which is joined to the shooting part of the line which is yellow. Therefore you can easily gauge when you have the right amount of head in the air to load up the rod for a distance cast.

I was using it yesterday at Thrybergh. I went to join the "picket fence" of anglers fishing the west arm. These are quite a jovial group and the time is spent quite peasantly listening to the trials and tribulations of the married blokes with their families, plus the never ending series of ring tones as the missus phones screaming about when the poor guy is coming home.

In a short session I took 15 trout, all at distance with this line. It outfished all of the 5 other anglers who were using bungs, in the same time period.

Full marks to the Michael Evans Arrowhead.

They are not cheap at ?45.00

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

Adrian,

My line is a Arrowhead Lakeline Twinline 7/8.

It's not in the range offered by Fishing Megastore. I would have ordered another one if it was.