cheap, light & compact bivvy

Marvin Village

Reaction score
ok then guys, just a quick question if anyone has any recommendations for a cheap, lightweight and compact bivvy suitable for summer overnighters after work, not likely to ever use it in winter, must be quick and easy to erect, compact when packed down, capable of fitting a bedchair inside and obviously offer good wet weather resistance, ideally with a 'porch' mucky boots etc.............just spent 2 1/2 days in my current bivvy and decided it was too heavy to lug the 500 yds to the peg, too bulky for my trolley, not that quick to erect, and when it rained most of saturday afternoon, due to the no porch design, water was being blown inside.......

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
What bivie are you using at the moment. I use a JRC Roamer dome for the same thing you want. Will fit any swim size. Light and fits in the umbrlla pocket on a holdall. Alternativly get one of the brollies with sides and infills

chalky

Reaction score
hi marvin, try the askari book or web site,they have one which was ?139.59 and is now ?39.99 [umbarella and outerskin comes free with it now ] well worth a try in fact me and my friend steve have sent for 1 each, should be here today or tomorrow....colin.

chalky

Reaction score
hi again marvin, go to the umbarella's and tents then its on about the 3rd or 4th page after that keep on clicking continue at bottom...colin

chalky

Reaction score
its nunber is 091779.85.585 and its still there ive just looked...colin