Finally hit a mayfly hatch proper

Richard Baker 6

Reaction score
Fished the River Kennet on Sunday at the Lower Denford Fishery. For the first time in my life I managed to be there when a proper Mayfly Hatch occured. It went mad! fish were moving all over the iver to intercept flies and they took them viciously. any large sort of pattern was taken!! it was great. I even had an odd moment when my leader got caught in a tree leaving the fly dangling a few inches clear of the surface. a trout launched itself clear of the water, taking the fly, and hooked itself!! freeing the leader from the branch in the process! Great fishing on a really secluded water I'd highly recomend at this time of year, And at ?70 for the day not bad as chalkstreams go.

P.S Graham, if you rea this, please can you take that picture of the woman with the carp of the front page...its a bit scary!

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

I agree Richard -- I couldn't sleep last night .....

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

Actually The Monk thinks she is wonderful.

Ian Alexander

Reaction score
I saw something like this yesterday on the Stour in Canterbury.
Hawthorn fly in their hundreds being snapped up by trout oblivious to my standing nearby.
I didn't have a rod with me. Only my tool bag. Wot a shame.

Ian Alexander

Reaction score
Richard, where did you make your payment? Was it to a bailiff or a local tackle shop?

Richard Baker 6

Reaction score
If you contact the below he'll tell you all you need to know about tickets. I've never booked one however as a friend books out the whole fishery for us and we simply give him the money.

Nigel Wilson 01488 658539