Bivvy Advice

J.B

Reaction score
I'm Thinking of buying a new Bivvey as mine at the mo is only really a tent and it can get really cold in the winter months
I was thinking of a JRC Sti 1 man twin skin bivvy system any thoughts or experiances on this bivvy and any alternatives you might like to put forward my budget is 150 tops but a bit cheeper if I could get somthing decent.

T

Terry D

I bought the STI 1-man last year and I'm quite pleased with it. It goes up quite easy, has all the bits, is roomy enough and seems very well made. If anything, it is quite heavy, but there again I've never had one before. It was a good buy off a tackle dealer on Ebay for just under ?130 inc postage. Overall, well recommended.

P

paul williams 2

JB.........personally i would invest in better clothing rather than a warm bivvy....cos imho the diff in temp in bivvys will be slight?

richard turner

Reaction score
buy the sti m8 great bit of kit i got the two man and never had a problem with and iv been in some serious weather with it.

Matt Brown

Reaction score
I have an STI twin skin too and it's great. Very well made and sturdy in strong winds.

It's not lightweight and it takes a while to reposition so I prefer an oval brolly most of the time.

It's great for longers stays or long winter nights.