kids and fishing

Tony Hyland 2

Reaction score
ilove to see kids enjoying them selfs fishing,but the other week were i fish at foxhills,there were about6 to 8 kids fishing,they were casting in every bodys swim,when they were told to fish there own swim.well what came out of there mouth i cant repeat what they said.in the end the owener had to kick them off,trere barred from foxhills.them kids give other kids a bad name,and there are lots of kids who love to fish,plus these kids are tomorrows fisher men

C

Christian Tyroll

Tony i had 3 of them running through my swim casting at showing fish, one of them cast over my line and got in a right tangle.
They thought seeing as theyd paid ?8 for their ticket they could do what they want, i tried to tell them otherwise but they werent having any of it.
In the end i told them to go away or id get the balif, they changed lakes...
But as i said in the other thread ive never seen one over kid on a club water!

btw they there only 12, and lived in croyden.

P

paul williams 2

Shame to ban kids full stop though.....perhaps allow them with a responsible adult?

I can see some parents uing this sort of fishery as a kidminder facility during the school hols......drop em off at 8am, pick em up at 5pm..............?

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

I remember a session I had on the Trent a couple of years ago.

I set up my gear in this particular swim, baited up and within an hour or so had my first barbel. I had noticed a couple of anglers fishing about 4 pegs away.

As I was playing the fish, a youngster, about 11 or 12, came up behaind me and sat and watched.

"What did you catch that one? he asked. "Pellets" said I and then asked him if he could pass along my net which I had left up the bank. I then invited him to net the fish which he did. I then unhooked the fish in the water, showed him the barbel - it was not a "weigher", about 7 pounds I guessed and released the fish, head upstream showing him how to do so.

"I wish I could catch a barbel" he said. "Well sure you can" said I. I asked him to bring along his tackle.

He had about a 12 lbs line on his reel which was an old Shimano baitrunner. His rod was a cheap 12 foot carp rod but adequate.

I tied one of my rigs on, gave him a bag full of elipse pellets and some PVA bags and away he went.

About an hour later I heared him yell "I've got one!"

He had too, a nice 6 pounder. He was shaking all over.

Later that afternoon his father arrived to pick him up.

He waved goodbye and shouted: "I wish I had a dad like you."

It brought tears to my eyes.

C

Christian Tyroll

See we're not all bad ;-)

Ive probably said this before. But i was on the medway for my first time last summer, catching nowt, all my maggots had died.

These to guys came along and taught me some trotting, gave me pint of hemp and pint of casters and waded out into the middle of the river with me.

I caught chub all day, up to 3 1/2lbs, only ever had one other chub that big since.

I learnt alot that day, and despite all my blanks on the medway that day has had me hooked...

But Pual i can see where your comin from on the babysitting front!

P

paul williams 2

We have all been kids CT......and i like Ron will ALWAYS go out my way to help todays kids....because i had the same consideration shown to me, the local tackle shop used to sell us maggots by the pennysworth and adults mostly helped us, but woebetide us if we were even approaching being unruley!

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

What do you mean Brummie ??
You're unruly now .....!!!