Grafham

D

David Will

Chaps and ladies, on another site the question of Grafham has arisen . The people on there are beginning to doubt it's reputation as a Pike water let alone a big Pike water.I would be interested to hear you're views. I am going there next week primarily for a bit of alternative Zandering and will report back.

C

Chris Bishop

Waste of time - if you're after zander the Ouse is the place at the moment, closely followed by a couple of the Cambs drains.

D

David Will

Thanks Chris , I do normally fish the Ouse at this time of year but thought I would give it a go, simply to do something different. Will take your advice. How is the Ouse following all this rain ?

Colin Brett

Reaction score
Grafham will always turn up a big pike or two, it's the old story of location and pressure [from angling]. Give it a year or two and I am sure you will see Chris Bishop fishing there for Zander as well as in the Fens. The pike at most trout waters soon wise up to angling pressure and move off to quieter places and the odd fish then gets caught you would least expect it. So the Aerator tower is "THE" hotspot, with Savages 2nd, where is 3rd and 4th? Try the pipeline from the Aerator to the Dam tower [not a straight line] and then try the dam. Remember the biggest fish ever from Grafham came from the Dam, 5lb leader size 10 Black Tadpole, weight ???, but having seen the photos, I would guess at least 44lbs!!!!!!!!!!

Something to think about EH??
Colin

C

Chris Bishop

Tide's out at the moment so I can hardly see it.

Last week it was carrying a bit of colour and extra water, but it was fining down by the weekend.

At least it's flowing now, rather than flow-stop-back up-stop etc.

I'd get on there in the next few weeks before the monsoons come if I was you, it was pretty dire from October onwards last season, although some good fish did come out.

They've been catching a lot of zander inc several doubles round the Lark mouth, Littleport and between Ely and Foremill Wash.

Pike-wise it's been pretty quiet, best I've seen is a 16:8 Ron Clay had when we had a day on there a few weeks back.

D

David Will

My mate went to Grafham on Saturday nil caught by the twelve boats. On Sunday more boats no fish.