Tesco U Turn

J

john ledger

Tesco told their drivers they would not be allowed to have the flag of St George in their cabs even though they where making thousands out of selling England football items.
Hundreds of listeners to one radio station phoned in and all threatened to shop no more at Tesco resulting in a spokesman from Tesco coming on and stating the company where doing a U turn and their drivers could fly their flags.
Nothing to do with football or the flag just smacks of the big profit,i will never shop there again

J

john ledger

By the way the radio station Talksport had Indians Muslims coming on all saying how stupid Tesco where and they would be supporting England and be flying the flag

I

Ian Cloke

What possible harm can flying a countries national flag do? It isn't a racist thing, the people in that country choose to live there. The national flag should unite people NOT segragate them.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Agree completely Ian. Why is it always seen to be a racist act to be supporting the country we live in.

J

john ledger

Could you see the Irish Welsh and Scots putting up with this.I will once again have two flags flying in my car two on the companies and one big one in the second bedroom.
Even thought about a mast outside the house but the council would not accept my plans for the 300ft in height.
What about Tesco though double standards are what

I

Ian Cloke

Money talks John, and this story is proof of that. If it had not got the publicity on the radio, then they (tesco) would have still not allowed the flags. But when people threaten not to shop there, the person who thinks these daft ideas up, gets a (deserved) kick up the backside.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

And I am wearing my Cross of St George Cufflinks....... :eek:)

Michael Howson

Reaction score
I read the other day that "our" new tennis sensation andrew murray(in small letters)will be sporting a Paraguan t-shirt when they play ENGLAND in the World Cup. He said being a scot its my duty. So thats the last time i shall watch him play except maybe to watch the replays when the little s**t loses.

J

john ledger

Same here Mick and as Alan Brazil put it if you dont like it take a trip on the Channel Tunnel

captain carrott

Reaction score
Same here Mick and as Alan Brazil put it if you dont like it take a trip on the Channel Tunnel.

bluddi silly way of getting to scotland if you ask me.

Tony Hyland 2

Reaction score
when ever ireland play i always fly the irish flag,there are never any comments made,why then when the english flag is flowen, there are people in high places think it will afend so meny people, be proud fly the flag for your country,and stuff the rest

Tom Herbert

Reaction score
As a proud Scot i will be cheering England on every step of the way and if they win then i will be grinning from ear to ear as will every Welsh and Irish 'football' fan.
Sod Andrew Murrey he is a disgrace to the Scots.........and he is crap at tennis anyway

J

john ledger

Well said Tom/Tony and i always hope either the Scots Irish and Welsh win plus i like your whisky.
I love the Irish people having had so many fabulous holidays over there,had my honeymoon in Scotland and my silver wedding in Ireland and cannot speak highly enough of the people

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

_______________________________punch line

J

Jeff (AKA Cheeky Monkey, Spud, Jay Dubya, Woody .

Supporting your country is one thing, but I'm beginning to think these stupid cheap plastic and shoddy flags are damned dangerous. One flew off its stick and landed on my car, I wondered what it was and nearly swerved to avoid it. That in turn could have caused a collision.

Ban them, I say! All you're doing is giving money to people who are playing on your patriotism. If that's what it is.