Ian Cloke

J

john ledger

Few weeks ago Ian asked if there was any chance i could do an article in the Angling Star regarding a disabled lad called Wayne Panting who was being sponsored by Champion Baits on a website called DANGLERS.
After getting the ok from the editor i thought Ian is disabled and asked him if he was sponsored,he was so i booked Bank End fishery(i know the owner)
To cut a long story short the owners of Champion Baits drove 140miles from Oxford to fish with Ian and they all had around 70lb of fish each(i know i was the photographer)
I used to get phone calls/emails from this fellow called Ian Cloke quite some time ago always asking why dont i give this spot a try or some other place i had never heard of,finally Mike Townsend and myself met up with Ian and he caught some cracking tench and showed what an excellent angler he is,plus his 70lb at Bank End
Why am i telling you all this ,well i needed to know a bit about Ian`s condition and this is what Ian has or had wrong with him.
Virtually every bone in his body has been broken starting when he was a child
Cysts on his brain and liver which means his scalp has to be lifted every so often.
Treated for glaucoma
Osteo arthritis in knees spine neck and shoulders
Spodolosis plus disc in his spine crushed
Currently awaiting both knee joints to be replaced.
Burst appendix plus numerous other things far too many to mention like four visits to the hospital every two weeks.
As i sad Ian never mentioned himself when he asked me to write about young Wayne Panting
Thats the mark of the man,he is never down when he rings me ,never complains,always jovial.
Thought i had rough with cancer but i am not coloured at the side of Ian and i am very proud to have him as a friend.
IAN YOU ARE A STAR

J

john ledger

Keep fishing Ian
Yes i cannot add to that apart from dont catch any more fish than me.
When i read what was wrong with Ian i had to ring him to find out if he was still alive or if i had been fishing with an apparition.He is a top man and he can send me ten quid for saying so

I

Ian Cloke

Thanks John 10 squids are on their way to you mate, but thet might stink a bit by the time they arrive! As I said in my email to you, there are a LOT of people a LOT worse off than me, so I have nothing to complain about. I can go fishing, where some others are unable, I have all my limbs, where some are less fortunate. So I'm not too bad off hey;-)

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

To think I've been feeling sorry for myself the past few days because I've got a cold.
Ian, you are a superstar.

P

pons

Ian ,
You are indeed a real "Star",and unselfish to the core,take a bow mate.
Folk like you should get honoured in the civil list,not the rent an honour mob.
Pons.

L

Lee Swords (The new and improved)Satans little he

Hear hear Pons!

Well done Ian!

Are we fishing the Rother in a couple of week?

Michael Howson

Reaction score
Hi Lee John Ian. If a mini Rother fish-in is on the cards count me in.

Ian I havnt been down the dyke for a while, hows it fishing?