Bait Presentation

Chris

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

ive just dug out dsome old cat biscuits from my cupboard and plan on using them next time i go fishing. My main bait is floating bread but i was going to feed it into the margins. Should i cast bread on top of the biscuits or hook another biscuit on, the trouble with hooking them is that they're small, so should i hook more than one on using a smaller hook?

All opinions welcome
Chris

Matty C

Reaction score
Ive not done masses of floater fishing, but Ive been doing some recently.. Ive found that its good to start off with feeding loose biccies to try n get them on the surface. I usually put two on the hook, more so for the reason that I can easilly spot mine, as I tend to watch the bait rather than the controller..

once the carp are up, stay on biccies until they tend to go a little quiet, then try some bread.. this usually brings them on in a frenzy if the conditions are right..

obviously this depends on whether youre fishing a commercial or fishing for just one fish.. in which case, I would still put 2 biccies on, just feeding a few around the hook.. it might pay to put a few chunks of bread in amoungst the biccies just to see which they prefer, and change accordingly..

hope this helps..

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Try feeding the cat biscuits and using pedigree chum biscuit on the hook id cat biscuits too small?

C

Christian Tyroll

I understand completly!

Ive been using bread crust alot recently! If they wont take it off the top sqeeze the bread around the hook so it sinks and freeline it!
As soon as the line goes tense strike, its exciting fishing and works very well sometimes!

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
Nice one, Christian!
When the rivers open, try that with chub - pick 'em off the top until they get spooky, then freeline flake. Works well with a centre-pin - the reel speeds up and the rod thumps round when you get a bite!

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

Get a dog biscuit and trim it down until it is only just bouyant against the weight of the hook. Critically ballanced on top if you like.

captain carrott

Reaction score
just one thing, i know all theory suggests you get the fish feeding confidantly on the free offerings, then once they are sure of the freebies you put out a hookbait.

this does work but one day on whelford pools i was quite happily doing this with absolutely no reward while a bloke fishing another part of the lake hadd 11 fish,

his secret was he only put out the hook bait no getting them feeding and no freebies, the cheeky sod was taking advantage of the fact that i was putting loads in up the bank. and obviously the fish were wary of my mass baiting but werent wary of the odd floater which had drifted off from where they were going in. or so they thought.

captain carrott

Reaction score
aparently he does it a lot. where as i hadn't fished the place for a coulpe of years at the time.