Friday 13th

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
I'm fishing tomorrow but even though I know there's no logical reason, I confess to being affected by stupid superstitions. How about you?

Wobbly Face (As Per Ed)

Reaction score
I don't hold with soppy superstitions!
In work tomorrow from 07:00 to 20:00hrs. Nearly an hours drive each way so up at 05:00 and home just before 21:00. No time for fishing or superstitions.
Why did I kick that black cat?:eek:hno:

Time for bed said Zebadee.

dezza

Reaction score
My late wife was related to a very famous South African cricketer - one Athol Rowan who was extremely superstitious.

When ever a Friday 13th came around he used to lock himself in his bedroom, nothing would pass his lips for 24 hours and he would lay in bed for all that period of time until midnight of the following day.

And I kid you not.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Friday the 13th's I can handle, It's full moons that I hate. They always seems to draw out the nutters. At times I think I've got a nutter magnet in my pocket.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
It was once said that it is bad luck to put your landing net together before you caught a fish or was that you shouldn't get it wet. However, I can assure from experience it is best to put your landing net together before you fish. I once lost my old dad the biggest bream he ever hooked because I hadn't put the landing net together. He never ever forgave me and almost cut me out of the will so, lesson learnt, superstitions, very dodgy.

chav professor

Reaction score
I shall fly in the face of reason - and have a go for a big carp this afternoon/evening....... I am sure to fail....... But, then again.........

Dave Slater

Reaction score
The day was a nightmare. I caught four tech, which really disturbed my crucian swim. I normally like tench but find them a pain in the bum when crucian fishing. Before that I broke off on a big tench. I kept getting fast bites then getting in a tangle after striking. I had to retackle four times, which is not fun with tying hooks on in the dark, re-plumbing etc. When I did eventually hook a crucian it was a very big one, the fish I am hoping to catch one day, and it came off. To add insult to injury my mate caught six crucians plus six nuisance tench, obviously Friday 13th does not affect him. The only positive is that it will not be Friday 13th next time I fish.
:wh