Virus alert!!

I

Ian Cloke

Please be aware of a new virus threat that has been brought to our attention. Please take time read the following and be mindful of any mails that look similar to the ones described below. The risk of getting one of these mails is low, however we should not let our guards down and therefore please use this as a reminder to delete any suspicious mails you may receive.

A new Trojan has started to circulate, masquerading as a World Cup wallchart. The worm is circulating through a spam email that contains a link that purportedly downloads a free wallchart, but actually installs a program onto the user's PC to enable an attacker to gain remote access.

So far, the emails seen have only been written in German, but it may be that as World Cup fever ensues, the Trojan could spread further. Football fans will be eager to follow their country's progress as closely as possible, and this new method of spreading Trojans may take some supporters by surprise.

T

tom riordan

watch out for a new trojan called Archiveus. It locks up your files with a 30 digit password and you have to pay a ransom to free up your filesystem. Check out Archiveus on google for more info.

If they locked up my files I would pay them to get rid of the files not keep them.